What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bali 610 by Hydro Spa???  (Read 3042 times)

JackStyles

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Bali 610 by Hydro Spa???
« on: September 20, 2005, 09:32:10 am »
Has anyone heard of this tub, I cannot find any info anywhere on it. Might be buying used but wanted to make sure it was worth it.  Guy said it was $6,000 new about two years ago and everything else looks good. HELP!

Hot Tub Forum

Bali 610 by Hydro Spa???
« on: September 20, 2005, 09:32:10 am »

salesdvl

Re: Bali 610 by Hydro Spa???
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 09:52:37 am »
Measure once, cut twice.

JackStyles

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 12:26:30 pm »
Thanks I tried google and yahoo but nothing, thanks a bunch

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 02:20:20 pm »
This is a copy of a post I made back in August:

There was mention in that link about Hydro Spa, but it was easy to miss.  Hydro Spa is one of the brand names (along with Sundaze, Sunseeker, Sunco) of a disreputable company out of Florida that manufactures very, very cheap spas and uses individuals to sell them out of storage buildings and on the side of the road.  

One of the worst is a woman named Stacey Diaz aka Stacey Diego aka Stacey Smart.  She operates primarily in Texas but she has associates working around the country.  If you ever answer an ad in the Thrifty Nickel or American Classified paper where someone has "a $5700 spa that they will sell for $1700", then these are more than likely the crooks you are dealing with.

It usually works like this:  They will have some sort of cover story (we have an overstock, our building contract fell through, etc) and they will then try to "upgrade" you to one of their "$8000 spas that you can have for $4500".  Then they will request a check or cash deposit.  Delivery will always be at least 2 weeks away (this gives them time for your check to clear).

Then, one of three things will happen:

1.  They will show up after dark with a junker spa (the old Bait and Switch).  You will have to pay the balance and then be stuck with it.

2.  You refuse delivery and they disappear with your deposit.

3.  They never show up and you lose your deposit.

If you need further proof, go to the Dallas, Tx BBB website and type in "Hydro Spa" in the search function.  If that still isn't proof enough not to do business with them, check some of the posts at www.rhtubs.com and other spa websites.  If that still isn't enough proof, well, I wish you luck!  

Terminator

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

JackStyles

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 08:36:44 am »
OMG,  thats is awful, this one is actually on ebay near me looked good, but if I need help looks like I'm on my own.  I want a Vanguard but don't have the 8,500 the local dealer wants, would rather buy a used one for 1,000 just to start then upgrade in a few years.  Theres also a nice Sundance which I know is a good brand.  Dude thanks for the heads up though you just saved me a headache.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 08:36:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42