What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wiring  (Read 2196 times)

bsorok

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Wiring
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:01:15 pm »
I am getting an Optima this week.
I know they have openings for wiring on the sides.
One guy mentioned that his wiring goes straight up from underneath.

Any ideas on which is better. I assume if the tub needs to be moved, escess wiring from the side will provide more room?

Hot Tub Forum

Wiring
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:01:15 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 03:35:47 pm »
Your choice.  The Optima should have wiring grommets on both sides, adjacent to the side with the main controls.  You can also come up thru the bottom.  
I went the lazy way and ran my conduit above ground- I didn't feel like trenching.  Underneath makes for a neater less cluttered install.  If you leave enough clearance around the spa most service should be done without needing to move the spa, I'd think.
Base your decision on what you like better, or want to pay for.  If you're hiring this out, get advice of electricians for cost of one way vs the other.  I suspect that trenching will add to your costs.  
You'll need to plan this out before installing your concrete base.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:37:08 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

velocity23

• If it ain't broke...break it
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 10:41:29 am »
My Optima sits on an elevated deck so that was an easy decision. I came up from the bottom to give it a clean look. If its on a concrete pad then I would probably go the route Brew did if I was doing it myself. As far as excess wiring in case the tub needs to be moved shouldn't be an issue IMO, so I wouldn't base my decision on that. But it all comes down to what you want. Good luck in your decision.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 10:41:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42