What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee pricing  (Read 2948 times)

cinstres1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grandee pricing
« on: August 28, 2005, 11:12:59 pm »
we put a deposit on a grandee with a price of 10700 -   does that seem right?   we love the dual moto massage after a wet test but I can't seem to stay in the seats without a weight belt.  One thing we aren't crazy about is the water feature - prefer more of a fountain than a trickle -  Any know how the Caldera spas compare pricewise?   I read that some have foothold which I think would make things a lot more fun for me.

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee pricing
« on: August 28, 2005, 11:12:59 pm »

SuziQ

Re: Grandee pricing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 11:27:48 pm »
We wet tested the Caldera Geneva and didn't like it.  Neither my husband or I could stay in the lounge.  It was like we were fighting trying to stay in it.  He didn't like the jets in the corner seats, thought they were kinda stinging.
We didn't wet-test the Grandee, but we did test the Vanguard, which the saleslady said was the smaller version of the Grandee.  Hubby fell in love with the double Moto massage. We're going to wet-test the Vista later in the week.  We sat in a dry one, and liked the feel of the seats, but would like to know how the lounge feels.  Hubby would love to have one.  We'd be giving up the extra Moto Massage seat by going with the Vista, but he'll just have to share!  ;D  

cinstres1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 11:30:29 pm »
what kind of price did the quote you on teh vanguard?  that is our 2nd choice and he told us 9200  for everything.

drprwnap

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 10:19:49 am »
we put a deposit on a grandee with a price of 10700 -   does that seem right?   we love the dual moto massage after a wet test but I can't seem to stay in the seats without a weight belt.  One thing we aren't crazy about is the water feature - prefer more of a fountain than a trickle -  Any know how the Caldera spas compare pricewise?   I read that some have foothold which I think would make things a lot more fun for me.

Why would you put a deposit on any tub with all the questions/concerns you have????  I understand about the price but you can't stay in the seats without a weight belt??? Are you willing to go through the hassle of the belt  EVERYTIME you want to soak??  Plus you don't like the water feature.  I think you should look around.  Don't get me wrong, HS makes a great product. Other that the moto massage, is there ANYTHING you really LIKE about the tub???? It's a big investment so be SURE you get what's best for you.  Good luck!

drprwnap   8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 10:48:40 am »
Those prices are about the same as what we sell them for, provided they are including a cover lift, ozonator, and steps.  They're both great spas!  Good luck with whichever one you choose. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Duffman

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:02:25 am »
Hi there.
I'm curious if you have had a chance to wet test the Caldera Niagara? My experience wet testing both of those spas led me to give them very close overall ratings. for me the Niagara rated a bit higher on my list. Please don't take my word for it though. I would simply recommend you give the Niagara a try

I don't want to dissuade you since the Grandee is definitely a very good spa, but I was offered a price of $8900 for the Niagara with the cover lifter, steps, GFCI panel, delivery, setup, and chemical kit.

Assuming you could get a comparable price, I thought the significant cost difference between the two models should definitely make it worth your while to try the Niagara.

FYI: I'm not a dealer and am still trying to make my decision on which spa to purchase.

P.S. Some might point out that Caldera prices are going up due to increased fuel costs. However, the higher cost of fuel is affecting every manufacturer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:02:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42