What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: chlorine/ bromine generators  (Read 2214 times)

NDfar

chlorine/ bromine generators
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:32:49 pm »
I've been reading alot about these salt chlorine generators and salt bromine generators.  Does anyone use these?  They seem to be a great deal to cut down on maintenance plus save chemicals.  The lowest price I came across for the chlorine gererator was $399 and the bromine $499.  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

chlorine/ bromine generators
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:32:49 pm »

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
Re: chlorine/ bromine generators
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 05:27:30 pm »
I know they work great for pools.  But when Hot Spring tried to roll out a system a couple of years ago it was plagued by tons of problems.  Most of them centered around the amount of chlorine generated and problems with injection.  To this date they still haven't got it right and they won't release it until it is right.  I would take a wait and see attitude with them for spas and let a few beta models hit the market.  Good luck!

J.C.McGILLICUDDY

• ask a million questions
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 03:03:57 am »
i have a genesis bromine generator .it does an great job maintaining my tub the cost of bromide is about $80 for the year .it is a little slow in making enough bromine during heavy usage especially if you want to use it again within 8hrs.at those times i supplement it with mps.because of this i recommend tying it in with a circ pump so it can work 24/7 i also find it pushes my ph up to about 7.9-8.0 this may just be my water even though my water is soft and starts off with low ta and ph.i keep my ta between 80-110, hardness 100-150 ppm.after a year i looked at my heater and plumbing with no indications of any scaling or pitting.it took 13 mths to build up 1500ppm. of tds above my initial fill at which time i changed my water.even then the water felt great ,clear and no issues with foam.they are a bit pricey to add to a tub .a little more reasonable when offered at the time of tub purchase.as they sell more in the industry hopefully the prices will drop.there's really not a whole lot to them. regards J.C.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 03:03:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42