What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The last day...  (Read 2383 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
The last day...
« on: August 21, 2005, 10:16:37 am »
Today is the last day of "The GREAT Indiana State Fair." It's not the longest I've ever worked, but it is certainly one of the toughest! Since August 10th, EVERY DAY from 10a to 10p. My voice is SHOT, and MAN I'd like just one full nights sleep.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

The last day...
« on: August 21, 2005, 10:16:37 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: The last day...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 10:35:18 am »
Is/was it worth it though?

I've worked 14 and 21 days straight and find that around the 13th day I can't stay focused on what I need to do. I have to concentrate hard and find if I don't, my mind wanders.

At least your almost done!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 10:51:28 am »
I hope it was successful for you, Frank!!!

(Eh, who am I kidding, I'm sure it was successful for you!)

;) ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 02:42:35 pm »
Wisoki and Vinny, I can certainly empathize with ya'll.  Your mind can start to do funny things when it is overstimulated.

We had an arts festival a couple of years ago and I got to our booth at 9:00 am.  I then proceeded to talk about spas non-stop until 1:00 am.  My helper showed up at 5:00 pm but left immediately after the effects of food poisoning hit him.  By 11:00 pm, I couldn't remember what I'd said or who I was talking to.  It was a very strange feeling.

After a good night's sleep, I was good to go again.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 02:54:20 pm »
I know how you feel. We relocated two facilities, one from NJ the other from Ohio, down to Charlotte last year. Didn't think I'd ever put out all the fires. But eventually things have worn down to a semi normal 10 hour day. How much business does a state fair bring in for you. I'd imagine that those who were looking for a spa in the first place would just go to your store, while the majority of those at the fair saw the display, thought 'that looks kinda cool' and checked it out. Do you make many actual sales at the fair, or is the fair a means of sparking interest and getting them in the show room

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 03:03:49 pm »
bob5820, you'd be surprised at how many people buy spas at the fair.  The dealer support group we sometimes use sold 76 spas at the Minnesota state fair a couple of years ago. :o

In our neck of the woods, we only have local county fairs.  We usually sell 4-8 spas at the fair (they are only 4 days to a week long), but we do see some residual business from them.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 12:32:26 am »
Ahh, home and it's over, sort of, tomorrow...tear down, and order processing during regular store hours  and tuesday regular store hours and then FINALY wednesday, a whole day off! Yes, we sell a lot of spas at the fair, AND it sparks interest and drives people to the show room.

I know how you feel. We relocated two facilities, one from NJ the other from Ohio, down to Charlotte last year. Didn't think I'd ever put out all the fires. But eventually things have worn down to a semi normal 10 hour day. How much business does a state fair bring in for you. I'd imagine that those who were looking for a spa in the first place would just go to your store, while the majority of those at the fair saw the display, thought 'that looks kinda cool' and checked it out. Do you make many actual sales at the fair, or is the fair a means of sparking interest and getting them in the show room

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 12:32:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42