What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: water changes??  (Read 2550 times)

fishone

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
water changes??
« on: August 15, 2005, 02:29:58 pm »
im a newbe not sure how often to change the water???bought a 2005 cameo thanks

Hot Tub Forum

water changes??
« on: August 15, 2005, 02:29:58 pm »

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
Re: water changes??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 02:33:28 pm »
As a newbie myself, I was told around 3 months, depending on usage.  As a newbie, I also made many chemicals mistakes and wound up doing the first change after 3 weeks.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 02:38:58 pm »
I think a lot of it depends on your usage patterns but 3 months is a pretty common.  I've heard of people going as long as 6 months but I'd think that the water would become pretty difficult to manage at that point.  We change our water every 3 months and change the disposible microfilter at the same time.  On the 2005 Sundance Spas I'm not sure what the interval is with swapping out the filter as the whole thing needs replacing.  I would just time the filter replacement so that it matches a water change.  It just makes life easier I think.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 03:30:31 pm »
The new filter in the 2005 Sundance's is pretty expensive, probably too expensive to replace every couple of months ($80?).  I thougt someone else posting on the board said the filter was rated for 8 or 9 months, IIRC.  
The three month interval is what we shoot for, you will be able to tell after a while when it's time to change the water.  You might not even get 3 months out of your first fill.  Spa use is pretty high in the beginning, coupled with the new owners tendency to overmanage their water.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 03:30:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42