What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: EXACTLY as predicted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3334 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
EXACTLY as predicted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 12, 2005, 08:07:10 pm »
AMAZING!!!!!! Who's the winner, that predicted this EXACT response would come along???

*just found on another message board*
(I got to tell you, I laughed so hard when I read this 6 people came into my office to see if I was still breathing)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have contacted ETL and informed them that we are no longer going to use their services, because they have no discretion at diseminating information.

I am working to get this fellow Paul Comfort fired, because we were going to spend many thousands of dollars with ETL for our DAIT and our SAFS Full safety switch for spas.

I have to tell you that I am disappointed in ETL for their lack of professoinalism.

I have contacted two other NRTL's about this sort of behavior, and one of them is getting all of our business. They also informed me that the ETL listing of the spa is valid, and you can add things to the spa and have them tested, no problem as accessories. If you plug in an ETL or UL listed ozone generator, it does not void any NRTL testing.

In the future, our spas will not be ETL listed, and ETL is never going to have any money from H**** Spas, ever again.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

EXACTLY as predicted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 12, 2005, 08:07:10 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: EXACTLY as predicted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 08:42:30 am »

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee this morning, or it would have shot out my nose when I read this.
Not that there was ever any doubt, but this guy is truly deluded.  
Next thing is him spinning off his OWN listing company.
All he'd need is Phoenix ETL lables and a sharpie marker.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 08:52:59 am »
His website still talks the virtue of ETL and has this pic

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 08:57:40 am »
In the future, our spas will not be ETL listed, and ETL is never going to have any money from H**** Spas, ever again.

Like they EVER WERE ETL Listed?  

Translation on all this:  The lawyers from ETL finally got around to sending him cease and decist orders.
Brewman
Brewman

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 04:56:59 pm »
No comment! YET!
-SpaMan~

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 11:07:34 pm »
Well he left off on the "HotSpring lost it's listing" rant for awhile, so I had begun to suspect they had sent him a letter, but I guess I was wrong.

::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 12:08:52 am »
he said this today.....

Author: Jim Arjuna (---.dnvr.qwest.net)
Date:   08-14-05 17:23

Our spas are ETL listed. Unlike Hot Spring, we did not lose our listing.

I am actually going to go to another NRTL, because of my future plans with Hot Spring. I intend to have the whole thing on TV and in the courts, really soon. I gave them until September to bring the products up to the UL 1563 and the ANSI safety standards.

The comic relief from the spa village idiot  never seems to end LOLOL

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 01:12:53 am »
Of course, the irony is rich:

He has truly not lost his ETL listing - he never had one to lose...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 01:28:59 pm »
I seriously don't understand what is going on over there.  It is nice that they are posting immediately, but I wish the most up to date threads would move to the top like this forum.  I hate having to scroll down.  I seriously just don’t understand his comments.  In one post he says his spas aren’t ETL listed than two posts after he says they are.  ETL even says they aren’t listed so I just don’t get it.  I do get he is an idiot, but I already knew that.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 02:12:32 pm »
I found the other web site and have been following his rants.

I am amazed.  I noticed he mentioned his own forum was shut down as "it did nothing for sales" He stated that posts on more publice boards does increase sales. Ugh. Exactly what was warned about in here.
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 02:33:43 pm »
I found the other web site and have been following his rants.

I am amazed.  I noticed he mentioned his own forum was shut down as "it did nothing for sales" He stated that posts on more publice boards does increase sales. Ugh. Exactly what was warned about in here.

IF his forum is shut down, which I doubt, it rusted shut due to nobody posting there but J.  I don't believe the bit about posts on more public boards boosting his sales.  If anything, reading these threads will warn people about his ways.  If those people ignore the warnings..............
Since he won't allow anything on that board unless it serves his purpose, he probably got tired of deleting all the posts coming in asking about his lawsuit and ETL issues.  
 I can't wait to see "Hotsprings Revealed" or whatever it's going to be called.  Glad I subscribe to Court TV.
Maybe he could do an expose' ala "Al Capones Vault", and have John Stossel be the host.

Brewman
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 02:37:06 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 02:33:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42