What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another stupid question from this newbie!!  (Read 2786 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Another stupid question from this newbie!!
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:59:39 pm »
What type of reaction would a body and swim suit that has been in Baqua have on a chlorine based system with enzymes? (if any)

I had foam up-the-wazoo and I don't know why. 2 nights ago my son went in there for about 20 min and I put 2 teaspoons of dichlor, tonight he got in after tubbing and swimming in Baqua, stayed in for about 5 min and I got in 20 min later and cloudiness and FOAM!! I was scooping it out with a pool skimmer. So I shocked with the dichlor/MPS shock I have and added 2 more teaspoons for good measure!

What's going on? ???

I guess after 4 or 5 water changes, I'll get the hang of this! -LOL

Hot Tub Forum

Another stupid question from this newbie!!
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:59:39 pm »

Dog_Pound

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Another stupid question from this newbie!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 10:29:42 pm »
Vinny from what I read, if you/your son/anyone that uses the spa...if there is soap residue on his/her clothing, it will make a lot of foam :o

Hope that helps..

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 07:02:48 am »
The funny thing is I THINK (I just assumed, I have to ask him) he was wearing the same suit from the Baqua spa. If that was the case the other spa would have foamed - that's what got me puzzled - maybe he didn't wear the same suit!

Something was definitely in the water - after shocking and adding 2 tspns of dichlor last night, this morning I only had about 3 PPM chlorine. Last week after only shocking and waiting a little longer to measure, I had at least 5 PPM.

The mystery continues ...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 08:35:02 am »
We switched from Baqua to Brilliance and used the same suits, didn't have any problems.  
Brilliance is chlorine free Bromine, so it's not exactly the same situation as you describe.  

I keep a bottle of de-foamer on hand for emergencies.  
I only have had to add it maybe twice in the past couple years, and I wouldn't use it as a solution to an ongoing problem, but it works great for a quick fix.  A teeny capful works.  

Brewman

Brewman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 10:52:06 pm »
I found out my son changed into another suit before going into my tub so ... the foaming was probably from a "clean" suit that didn't get all the detergent rinsed from it!

Maybe I could sell the idea of putting a 3 HP pump with a few jets into a washing machine to Maytag - it truely would mean clean cloths - LOL!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 10:52:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42