What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee enduro or Pearl  (Read 4076 times)

Rogie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grandee enduro or Pearl
« on: July 19, 2005, 12:38:11 pm »
I am going to buy a HotSpring Grandee Hot Tub and I am trying to decide between the two finishes; classic endurol or pearl.  I am leaning towards the endurol because it seems very durable- (even though I am disappointed that it doesn't have cup holders). Has anyone had problems with the tiles, they only have the one year warranty.
As for the pearl will the finish get dull or fade?

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee enduro or Pearl
« on: July 19, 2005, 12:38:11 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Grandee enduro or Pearl
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 12:41:25 pm »
Welcome!  I know from experience you will get lots of good information from HS dealers and owners a like. I will only add that those Pearl tubs look great at night lit up.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 12:41:52 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

georgiapeach

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 12:58:32 pm »
We bought our Grandee in November and got the pearl color and wouldn't trade it for the world.  It's just a pretty color and at night, with the lights on, gorgeous... :-)  And I haven't had a problem with keeping it clean or anything.  Now, you do see the water spots a bit more around the top edge of the tub, but of course, they wipe right off with a soft cloth.  I don't think you would be disappointed in the Pearl.  
Good luck!

Peachy

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 01:13:16 pm »
I agree with GP - pearl all the way!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 01:50:40 pm »
I have a Envoy with Pearl and love it. When you open the cover just take a chamois and wipe it down (2 minutes to do it) and it is beautiful. The  water line also cleans up nice with the spa mits. The light at night is great too!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 02:36:55 pm »
I started selling HotSpring almost 20 years ago, and we had nothing but the enduol, or Rovel as it was called then. I loved the stuff, and still do.

But I have owned a Grandee in the Pearl, and will most likely get another one soon. If not Pearl, then Sand.

The Endurol spas are made on last-year's molds, so they have a place for the tile - which moves several of the jets down just a bit - and they don't have some of the nice touches like the cup-holders. I think they exist for folks who want the max in durability, and ease of care. Also for our long-time customers who are buying their second HS tub, and want it to be just like the one they bought twenty years ago.

You cannot kill the Endurol. But you cannot beat the Pearl.  

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 03:46:43 pm »
I own a HS Vanguard in Pearl and Love it. The lights are amazing on this color.

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 05:00:57 pm »
My Jetsetter is Pearl and we love it. The way the light reflects off the pearl really looks great.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 10:52:08 pm »
I own a grandee with the endural finish.  We liked it a little bit better than the pearl for the same reasons Chas gave.  Also, we found the slight texture on the endural shell provided better traction than the pearl finish, which was a plus for us.

The pearl, however, looks very stunning at night.

-Ed

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 01:21:28 am »
Hot Springs has the most awesome looking pearl finish than any tub I have ever seen. I wish Marquis pearl was as nice. Go with the pearle hands down.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 05:57:41 pm »
I adore my pearl Vanguard!  But then, every one should know that by now!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

popsicle

• 2005 HS Grandee
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 11:00:47 pm »
I'll add my support of the pearl finish.  We have a pearl Grandee and love the way it looks, especially at night.  No problems keeping it clean and I haven't noticed any "durability" problems yet.

I will say that during the day, when the sun is out, it is VERY bright with the sun reflecting off the pearl finish, but we mostly soak at night so it is a minor problem.  If, for some reason you are going to soak during the day a lot, you might want to consider a darker finish.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 10:22:30 am »
The pearl finish is actually quite durable.  Esthetics is a personal matter, but if you like the look of the pearl better I would advise you to go with it.

Regards,

Bill

mowgli1

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 10:37:40 am »
After looking at just about every major brand my wife and I agree the HS pearl finish is hands down the most beautiful color we have seen.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 01:57:48 pm »
Rogie,

I am coming out of left field here. Not only am I a Sundance dealer, but also a believer in a good quality product. I think Hot Springs makes a great spa, I don't particularly like the pearlescent colors. I also don't believe you can go wrong with the Endurol surface.

good luck,

hottubber... ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 01:57:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42