What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok...new problem  (Read 2427 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Ok...new problem
« on: July 21, 2005, 09:48:02 am »
Bp is pulling her hair out now. Ok, here's what is going on...as you know I did a complete drain along with a good scrubbing. then refilled..put my stain and scale in then waited until my temps came up to add the rest (bromine, feeder and enzymes) Ok...now we started soaking the night we drained and refilled and noticed a smell..cannot describe it, it's got the tang of bleach but, I'm not sure what it is, started when we started using the enzyms (leisure time spa scum gon). So here's my question...what is that smell!?

Guess I should mention that my levels are right where they are suppose to be.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 09:48:48 am by Backpains »

Hot Tub Forum

Ok...new problem
« on: July 21, 2005, 09:48:02 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Ok...new problem
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 10:32:32 am »
I've not used this scum gone product before, but you added that to a clean tub?  What did you scrub the tub down with, really clean water can seem to amplify the smell of that cleaner.  I'm going to guess it goes away in a day.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 10:38:30 am »
This site should have a scratch and sniff section so we can all take a wiff and respond
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Backpains

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 12:41:07 pm »
This site should have a scratch and sniff section so we can all take a wiff and respond

That would be a great help too huh! I added the scum gon to a clean tub because I know what happens when me and hubby get intot he tub...It ends up as a huge scum line and me cussing and scrubbing, but........I may not add it anymore

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 10:18:17 pm »
Whats the scum line from?  I've never had one in a year of tub use.  My tub gets used by 5 ppl, 3 are teen boys, almost daily. I'm just curious what causes the scum line?   I've got a huge bottle of Scum Gon that we've never used.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 06:43:33 am »
I changed my water too and my 2 boys got in and I got a tremendous scum line also. I didn't add enzymes because it was new water ... will always add enzymes for now on!

Funny thing is, I insisted that they wear bathing suits into tub, not gym shorts, so I wouldn't get a foam problem instead I get a scum problem. ???

The trials and tribulations of being a hot water newbie!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 06:43:51 am by Vinny »

Backpains

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 10:06:01 am »
Whats the scum line from?  I've never had one in a year of tub use.  My tub gets used by 5 ppl, 3 are teen boys, almost daily. I'm just curious what causes the scum line?   I've got a huge bottle of Scum Gon that we've never used.  

Scum line is from oils and beauty products or just even skin that comes off your body and attaches itself to the side of the tub, the scum gon helps prevent this.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 10:06:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42