What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok another Questionf from BP  (Read 2378 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Ok another Questionf from BP
« on: July 19, 2005, 09:51:14 am »
I have two actually. First off my water and chems are fine, actually great but here's my question and if your tub has diverter valves maybe you can enlighten me as to what to do.  I turn on the jets to high(just push the button) and the water sits there and churns and is very clear, but now when I turn the diverter valves on the water goes cloudy and has these little, what I would call o2 bubbles on top, when you like put them in your hands they immediately go away...so I'm thinking it's not foam is it???

Second off, is my water suppose to be cloudy when the diverter jets are on?? It goes away and is totally clear when I turn the diverter jets off.

Otherwise all levels are excellent Bromine is a 4 Akl. is at 145 and PH is 7.6.

Hot Tub Forum

Ok another Questionf from BP
« on: July 19, 2005, 09:51:14 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ok another Questionf from BP
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 10:19:42 am »
There are diverter vales and air valves. Typically diverter valves are larger than the air.

Diverter valves change what areas the pumps go to and air vales may inject air to one or more seats And yes if the air is injected, it's like sitting in Alka Seltzer and it should clear up when the pumps are off in 5 to 6 minutes.

Backpains

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 10:30:33 am »
Ok I was mistaken they are not diverter valves they are air valves...they actually put air into the jets

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
Hi Backpains:

As your water gets older, the disolved solids start to increase. Eventually, the water gets cloudly when circulated, kind of like stirring something up in the bottom of a cup except, in this case, they don't "settle."

Generally, when the water gets REALLY cloudy then clears, you're about due for a water change OR, you're using to much stuff to treat your water.

Drewski

8)

It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Backpains

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 01:22:41 pm »
Ok never mind I figured it out..called my dealer and he said since I have air jets that it was kinda like alka selzer water when the air jets are on...so I'm going with what my dealer says for now he knows best.

Oh btw...changing water in 31 days my dealer said to change it at 45 days.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 01:22:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42