What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 4 Marquis dealers and owners  (Read 3266 times)

tootall

4 Marquis dealers and owners
« on: July 11, 2005, 06:43:28 pm »
Ok I stoped by my dealer today to get and up date on my delivery and saw that one of thier spas had a white mineral line on the shell it was a dark blue shell  I asked him about that he said that happens on the darker colored shells. now I am worried was I not told something or should I know something.
Please advise.

Hot Tub Forum

4 Marquis dealers and owners
« on: July 11, 2005, 06:43:28 pm »

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
Re: 4 Marquis dealers and owners
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 07:08:00 pm »
My old spa used to get a white stain at the water line, but it was easy to clean it off.  I used baking soda sometimes and, even better, was a cleaner that I got at spadepot.com - can't remember the name of it and I don't have any now - but it cleaned the white right off my green spa!!

Susan

tootall

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 07:44:34 pm »
Thanks my spa is going to be blue sapphire and I did not want a white line that would not come off.

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 07:51:42 pm »
Well - you could always use it as  - fill line -    ;D  ;D

r100rs

tootall

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 09:31:24 pm »
true but rather not ::)

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 10:10:09 pm »
If you properly sanitize & balance your water, you should not deal with waterlines too often.  The store you went into probably doesn't keep up with their floor model like they should.

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 10:51:33 pm »
Ok I stoped by my dealer today to get and up date on my delivery and saw that one of thier spas had a white mineral line on the shell it was a dark blue shell  I asked him about that he said that happens on the darker colored shells. now I am worried was I not told something or should I know something.
Please advise.

IF it happens to the "darker" coloured spas then it happens to the "Lighter" coloured spas as well, you only see it more on the darker coloured spa.

I would recommend stain and scale control as you should not have a water line at all.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 12:14:46 am »
Well, I know that I get a lot of white film on our showroom spas. I attribute it to the many hands which dip into the spas all day. I make that connection because if we have a slow day - no hands - we have no line. Busy day - lots of hands - heavy line. Hand lotion seems to be the main contributor, along with soap and the odd sanitizer gel.

I haven't had customers tell me about waterline in their spas, so I have to think it is not a problem too often.

Now, if you do choose a dark colored spa you may want to not have twenty people a day stick their hands in it....

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 05:41:07 pm »
Another possible explaination for the line in showrooms is evaporation, something that will not happen nearly as much in your backyard.

We keep the cover off the spa for 8-10 hours a day in the showroom. Calcium may remain on the acrylic as the water evaporates.
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 08:46:52 pm »
I never have anyone that owns a blue spa complain....I've always owned white or sand.

tootall

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 12:46:25 am »
I went back to the dealer and he told me it is most likely from evaporation he has his shop open from 9-7 six days a week and so he does think is from evaporation. and he told me how true it is after I asked him about it he called his costomers that have dark shells and they don't have a white mineral stain on thiers.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 08:47:48 am »
Another possible explaination for the line in showrooms is evaporation, something that will not happen nearly as much in your backyard.

We keep the cover off the spa for 8-10 hours a day in the showroom. Calcium may remain on the acrylic as the water evaporates.

That makes sense, particulary in air conditioned showrooms where the humidity wants to be lower. Do you dealers find you have to add water to your floor spas more than you would at home.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 08:47:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42