What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How do YOU use your hot tub?  (Read 3786 times)

amy2421

How do YOU use your hot tub?
« on: October 07, 2015, 08:52:23 am »
As new first-time hot tub owners, we're still in the "novelty" phase and have been in our tub every night since it got up to temp on Saturday. We are still playing with the different settings and moving from seat to seat, getting used to the differences and deciding which one(s) we like the best.

Last night, the sky was very clear and it was really neat to look up at the stars from the hot tub. Our backyard has gone through a complete transformation (literally everything ripped out and rebuilt from the ground up) so we're also getting used to the new landscape. It doesn't look/feel like our yard anymore so sitting in OUR hot tub in our yard feels a little like we are using a tub at a hotel or someone else's house.

I am curious how others "use" their tubs... how often, for how long, what times of day, days of the week... do you move around, or just stay in one spot and "chill"? :) Do you read, listen to music, run the jets, prefer sitting in the hot water with the jets off? Are there times you use it more for therapy (after a work out, when you're sick, stressed out, etc.) or is it more of a social thing?

Really looking forward to hearing your stories! :)

Hot Tub Forum

How do YOU use your hot tub?
« on: October 07, 2015, 08:52:23 am »

Water Boy

Re: How do YOU use your hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 10:35:21 am »
I use mine daily. Early mornings before work is when I use daily. I take out a waterproof bluetooth speaker and listen to daily sports talk radio. I use it for about 20-25 minutes. I move around to every seat in the spa, and are in each seat for about five minutes. I never use mine with the jets off, but I have many customers that do. I use it maybe a couple of times a week in the evenings with my family. My kids love looking at the stars when sitting in the hot tub. That is also the only time my lights and waterfall get turned on in the spa. I never use any of those features personally.

Sounds like you have a awesome backyard now Amy. Did you ever post any pics of your new backyard?
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 01:24:16 pm »
My spa has always sat uncovered since I live up in the mountains, I have no light pollution. 

I try to use it every night (doesn't happen 100% of the time.)  I walk out 3 steps from my bedroom, open the cover, and turn on the lights to check water quality.  Then I turn them off and jump in.
10 minutes of jet action, moving around if I desire.  Then 10-15 minutes of piece and quiet and soaking.

I don't use music, lights or any of that stuff.  I just enjoy the stars above.

My wife and I use it together every once in a while, but most of the time, we use it individually.  It's just a great way to shut my brain down for the evening.

Drummerguy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 07:37:45 pm »
 8) I like to use the led lights - i travel from seat to seat frequently ,but basically where my main pain is in my back neck or shoulders etc . I HAVE to use my spa daily - once in the morning and once at night due to being in the military and also breaking my L1 in my back and damage to lower back tissue as well.

Anytime is a good time for a hot tub date :)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »
When I got my first tub I used almost every day for the first year or so and then a few times a week after that. The hot tub I have now I use probably 4-5 times a week except for the summer when it doesn't get much use. I'm going to be getting another new tub soon as I just sold my house and the buyer is buying the tub from me. Ive figured out what the must haves are in a hot tub and what I can live without this time. I enjoy sitting in it with the led lights on but have realized a stereo isn't a must have for me. I haven't turned it on in over a year. Will be skipping that option this time

icenogle

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:15:33 pm »
Great question.  I have used it just about everyday for the month and a half we have had it.  Usually go thru 2 cycles (40 mins) or a little more sometimes.  I read if it's still light outside.  At night I like the lights.  The glass of wine or beer looks cool with the lights shining thru.  I fell so wimpy saying this but I like the aroma stuff - for my wife :D   Looking forward to seeing what Hottubguy ends up getting for his next tub.  Sometimes I like 102 degrees but can stay longer and read at 99.  Always start with the jets but when they shut off that's kind of nice too.

orlando1

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 03:09:32 am »
I use mine every night, and occasionally in the morning if I woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol. I really like using the lights at night. I've been waiting for the newness to wear off, but so far I just couldn't imaging not experiencing what I experience on a daily basis. It's cool to see people on here who have owned their hot tub for years and still use their hot tub several times a week. So maybe the newness will never wear off. ;D

Tdevito

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 12:48:21 pm »
2x a day...I need a knee replacement and the tub has really helped with the pain

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »
I typically use mine for recycling beer bottles:

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42