What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Chemistry Software  (Read 1849 times)

Haynes

• 2005 Down East Cape Cod/ Monongahela, PA
Water Chemistry Software
« on: July 10, 2005, 07:04:07 pm »
Does anyone have a water chemistry software to help maintain proper water chemistry?  It is something I would like to try.  Just ordered a Taylor test kit and would like to take out the quess work of how much chemicals to add ect.  
If you have a software please state where you got it, how well do you like it and if it can it be ordered online.

Thanks in advance.
Haynes

Hot Tub Forum

Water Chemistry Software
« on: July 10, 2005, 07:04:07 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Water Chemistry Software
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 07:33:41 pm »
I didn't investigate, but I think I saw something like this at spadepot.com
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:42:43 pm »
Don't have software but the Taylor kit does make it easy!

This is all in the booklet that comes with Taylor kit:

Test your tap water.

You know your spa's volume - so you may need to add x oz. of alkalinity increaser and y oz. of calcium increaser to get to a beginning level. PH will move up as you use alkalinity increaser.

For calcium - your done until a water change, for alkalinity or PH add 1 or 2 tablespoons of increaser to get them up.(dependent on volume)

To get alkalinity or PH down - use z oz. of PH down.

As far as dichlor - well that is hit or miss - the Taylor kit doesn't seem to work for me. But how much chlorine to get to a certain PPM is dependent on how many people are in the tub. 1 person may need 1 teaspoon but 5 people may need 2 tablespoons.

When you get the kit, read the instruction booklet - it really does explain a lot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:42:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42