What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover lifter  (Read 2891 times)

shppn4spa

Cover lifter
« on: July 05, 2005, 07:31:09 am »
How much space must be allowed for the cover and lift system?  If the HS spa is 6'6'' X 6'6", how much space is needed to lift the cover?

Hot Tub Forum

Cover lifter
« on: July 05, 2005, 07:31:09 am »

frankeyboy

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: Cover lifter
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 07:53:33 am »
It depends on the type of lifter.  The spot where our spa is at on our deck is short on space so we bought a lifter that only needs about 8 inches on the back side  to accompdate the cover.

This lifter also allows you to add a wrap around bar without having to worry about the lifter getting in the way.

Frankeyboy

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 08:38:46 am »
How much space must be allowed for the cover and lift system?  If the HS spa is 6'6'' X 6'6", how much space is needed to lift the cover?

This will depend upon the specific cover lifter system and how  much of the cover you want to drop behind the tub.  Some people want  cover lifter to sit as low as possible when open  to provide the best veiws, which requires more clearence between the tub and any walls.  

Others prefer the lifter to sit up higher when open to provide privacy.  This requires less clearence between the tub and any walls.

Each lifter system is a bit different. Do you have a specific tub/model?  The dealer can provide you with minimum cleareances for each of the lifters the provide with each tub.

When I was looking, 15+20",  depending on how you  mount the lifter,  seemed to be what I was hearing for min.  clearence.  My cover drops down about 50% behind the tub, as opposed to a higher sitting cover like the above pic,  and my lifter takes about 18" of clearence.

YMMV.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 10:33:47 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 11:28:28 am »

No HS spas are 6x6 x 6x6, so must be a Tiger River Sumatran or a Solana SX.

Cover Cradle = 24" clearance
Up-Rite(space saver) = 7" clearance
Glide Rite = 14" clearance
Lift and Glide = 8-10" clearance

There are many other after market lifters out there to choose from as well. ;)

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 12:05:12 pm »
It depends on the type of lifter.  The spot where our spa is at on our deck is short on space so we bought a lifter that only needs about 8 inches on the back side  to accompdate the cover.

This lifter also allows you to add a wrap around bar without having to worry about the lifter getting in the way.

Frankeyboy

Did your dealer install that coverlift?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 12:18:22 pm »
Bill, it looks like your lift is installed wrong. Who did it for you?

Also - the HotSpring lifts lift the cover by four metal plates which are built into the cover, rather than by the hinge as most after-market lifters do.

cover cradle
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 12:27:46 pm »
Is it me or is this lift too far forward?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 07:01:58 pm »
I have a similar lifter - a Covermate 3 and it's instructions were to install it's end about 4" from the end of the spa's lip (for my tub it's about where the corner radius starts) which brings the cover past the spa's lip when fully extended.

It is supposed to only need 6"  behind the tub!

Of course I installed a foam floating blanket and Doc's cover leash and the foam sits over my head and drips cold water  :o - I gotta work on that!

frankeyboy

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 10:53:52 pm »

Did your dealer install that coverlift?

Dealer installed.  It seems to be working correctly.  Its very easy to lift, almost opens itself when you fold it in half.

Frankeyboy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 10:53:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42