What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Update on Lightening Strike  (Read 6091 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Update on Lightening Strike
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 10:19:04 am »
Well, the truth is that the weather is so nice here that it's no problem to leave a car or two outside. But we are a car culture too, so there are many folks who have a collectable (read "project") car in one side of the garage and mom's daily driver sits out.

In any event there seem to be more garages filled with junk than cars around here. My garage is a home theatre, but we're adding a bathroom so my folks can move into it.

And don't give me any flack about sticking Mom and Dad in the 'garage,' it's the nicest room in the house at present and we're adding a bigger bathroom and closet than I have...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 10:19:04 am »

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 11:13:47 am »
Heck NO!  We weren't going to give you flack about the garage.

You stated  -  My garage is a home theatre, but we're adding a bathroom so my folks can move into it -

So that must be one great home theatre if you had to convert the garage.

I'm just concerned that your folks might be a little cramped in the bathroom.   ;D  ;D  ;D  

Unless it is a grand as your garage.

r100rs

georgiapeach

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 07:09:33 am »
Hey Peachy,
So sorry to hear of your hit but great to hear the tub was unscathed.  BTW, if you haven't tried propping one side of your cover up  a bit to exhaust excess heat in the summer, try it....works like a charm for me.  I've got 2 water bottles with coozies on both ends.  I stick'em between the cover and the top edge of the tub right about where the straps are.  I've got my tub set at 96 now and it stays between 97 and 99 during the hottest days. 8)

I was so glad my tub made it through this also!  As of right now, the most expensive thing to repair is going to be my garage door opener ($300 installed).  They are coming this afternoon, thank god!!!!  Having to deal with morning dew stinks!  God, I'm petty, aren't I?  LOL
Hopefully, replacing a fuse will take care of the Sprinkler system; we'll find out this evening.  
I am definitely going to try the "Propping" of my cover.  I haven't been in my tub for over a week due to it being just too hot for me.  As a matter of fact, I'll prop when I get home!  :-)  Thanks!!!  

georgiapeach

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 07:10:40 am »
Well, the truth is that the weather is so nice here that it's no problem to leave a car or two outside. But we are a car culture too, so there are many folks who have a collectable (read "project") car in one side of the garage and mom's daily driver sits out.

In any event there seem to be more garages filled with junk than cars around here. My garage is a home theatre, but we're adding a bathroom so my folks can move into it.

And don't give me any flack about sticking Mom and Dad in the 'garage,' it's the nicest room in the house at present and we're adding a bigger bathroom and closet than I have...

I just think it's great that you are taking take of your parents!!!!  :-)  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 07:10:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42