What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Soft Tub  (Read 2759 times)

Kathi

Soft Tub
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:27:44 pm »
We originally looked at regular spas but hubby thought that the cost to run monthly was too high.  We also live in a cold winter area & didn't anticipate actually going outside to use.  Didn't know about draining for winter & if the lines can be completely empty so no problems w/ pipes exploding.  This past wkend we looked at Soft Tubs which can be put outside or in our basement.  They are very lightweight.  Does anyone have any experience w/ them?  Are they worth the $?  My concern was the lack of jets - also no seats. Thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Soft Tub
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:27:44 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Soft Tub
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:34:09 pm »
I typically offer the CalSpas Victory 100 as an alternative, it has an excellent warranty and alot more for less$$$$ Good luck!!
-SpaMan~

shabba34

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 09:35:14 pm »
May want to lookat the Solana RX & TX, also Nordic...  More Jet variety, has their own heater, more cost efficient, and around the same price.

www.nordichottubs.com
www.solanaspa.com

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 06:00:36 pm »
my parents are on their second one.  They keep it on an enclosed porch year round (mild winters).  Only problems have been wrinkles developing in the liner, and fading of the tub.  I enjoyed it, but chose to get a 'regular' tub because I wanted more comfortable seating and a heater (mine is outdoors in cold winters).  I'm not sure, but I think they don't have separate heaters - that the jet pump does the job...

As for not having as many jets - you may not mind - often we are just happy soaking in hot water, or with mild jets only...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »
my parents are on their second one.  ...Only problems have been wrinkles developing in the liner, and fading of the tub.  I enjoyed it, but chose to get a 'regular' tub because I wanted more comfortable seating and a heater (mine is outdoors in cold winters).  I'm not sure, but I think they don't have separate heaters - that the jet pump does the job...

As for not having as many jets - you may not mind - often we are just happy soaking in hot water, or with mild jets only...

All true. I sold them for a few years. They have a heat-recovory system on the main jet pump. That means that you have the jets on any time you want it to heat. Also - the heat output of the system is a fraction of what a regular heater would put out.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42