What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie - Ordered Sundance Cameo  (Read 2580 times)

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
Newbie - Ordered Sundance Cameo
« on: June 17, 2005, 06:49:52 am »
Hi everyone - love all the information on this forum.  We ordered our 2005 Cameo (platinum/coastal) a couple of weeks ago - expecting delivery early July.

I have one question about the filter - I was reading in the owner's manual that I found on the Sundance website that you can't clean the MicroClean II filter - that it is disposable.  Anyone have any experience with this filter??  How long does it last??  And what is the cost to replace??  Oh, that's more than one question!!!!

Appreciate hearing from other Cameo owners, also!!!  Can't wait to get mine!!!!

Susan

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie - Ordered Sundance Cameo
« on: June 17, 2005, 06:49:52 am »

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
Re: Newbie - Ordered Sundance Cameo
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 06:58:28 am »
we just took delivery of our maxxus in same colors as your cameo; really nice combo. by my dealer, the filter will need to be replaced every 6 months at a cost of approx. $79.00. there is a filter which you can clean, it lasts for 2 years and costs $120.00. i'm not sure if is filters to the same level as rhe microban II. curious as to which other tubs you tested before deciding. we liked the cameo as well but wanted a bigger tub. they both are great tubs.

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 07:29:01 am »
Thanks for the reply!!!  We actually didn't "test" any spas at all.  We looked at Beachcomber - there were a lot of things I liked about it, but then we looked at Sundance, and there were more things I liked about them.  We used to have a Sunbelt Spa but sold it with our old house 1.5 years ago.  I was going to buy another Sunbelt, but the dealer is over an hour away so I decided to look at other brands.  

I went alone to look at the two brands and went away from Sundance considering the Cayman - because it was in what I thought was our price range.  Then I brought my husband to look at them - he just loved the Optima - not that he went in it - he loved the looks of it - and the features.  Since I wanted a lounger, we went with the Cameo.  It was a very impulsive purchase on his part - mostly because we're in the process of building our deck and he wanted to get the spa shopping over with quickly, so he could do a concrete pad for the spa and continue building the deck.

By the way - my husband went in our old spa, which we had for about 2.5 years, no more than 3 times!!!  He's telling me he'll go in the new one - but not in the winter!!!  Winter is my absolute favorite time to go in - there's nothing better than to watch the sunrise on a cold winter morning!!!!

Thanks for the information about the filter - I kind of like the idea of not cleaning a filter - especially in the winter.

Hope you have many hours of enjoyment in your Maxxus!!!

Susan

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 07:35:54 am »
we wet tested the cameo as well. you will love the lounger; neither my wife or myself floated. all the seats are great. my wife liked the giant foot dome in the optima/maxxus. the foot jets in the cameo where a little awkward to reach for my wife(5'4"). happy tubbing!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 07:40:20 am »
I believe it is possible to replace the filter in your spa with a standard, reusable, pleated filter when the time comes to dispose of yours.  Price may vary a bit, but the pleated filter for our 2003 optima is about $60.
Enjoy your new Cameo.  Nice spa.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 07:40:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42