What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frog System - No Bromine Reading  (Read 2596 times)

Michelle

• He said "trust me!" so I married him.
Frog System - No Bromine Reading
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:52:46 am »
We have a new Marquis Epic, I love it.  The problem is I can't get the Bromine to show any reading.  I set the Frog cartridge up to number 6 (highest) and I have the filtration running 4 hours a day.  This is the inline system so this is why we up'd the filtration.  My husband tried shoching with 1 oz of dichlor last Saturday, the chlorine reading went to 4 ppm and the bromine reading went to 5 ppm.  Well the next night, we had an 8 hour power outage and then last Monday afternoon, we had a fire on the side of our house, lots of damage to exterior of house and no power for 53 hours again.  Do we need to add bromine salts at fill up or some thing.  I have been reading this forum for 3 months now and I love all the great advice.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 01:54:15 pm by Michelle »

Hot Tub Forum

Frog System - No Bromine Reading
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:52:46 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Frog System - No Bromine Reading
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 12:07:55 pm »
Congratulations on the new Spa.... How long has your bromine cartridge been in and when you first filled your spa did you put it in at the start up or did you allow the tub to heat up first ....I like the frog what we have been doing with our customers is to have them set the bromine on 2 or 3 and than once a week add 2 hearty teaspoons of di chor doing this 2 to 3 days before  or after shocking ...the reason to stretch the life of the frog cartridge and it just keeps the water nice and clear ......Di chor in a Bromine system will convert to bromine so they are compatible with each other .....

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Frog System - No Bromine Reading
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 12:07:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42