What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: too much foam - what to do?  (Read 4823 times)

trachda

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
too much foam - what to do?
« on: June 09, 2005, 07:15:37 am »
We just got our new Sundance Cameo Hottub, starting putting in the chemicals and now there's too much foam. We addded a mineral stabilizer, the bromine sanitizer, shock and pH decreaser as per or water sample. We put the jets on and the hot tub foams. Any solutions?

Hot Tub Forum

too much foam - what to do?
« on: June 09, 2005, 07:15:37 am »

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
Re: too much foam - what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 07:38:37 am »
Have you been in the spa with your bathing suit?

Your bathing suit is filled with soap.

Try to scoop out the foam I use a dinner plate to get it off the top. It's the only way I know of to get foam out or at least reduce it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 07:45:23 am »
With a new tub and no fragrances or skin softner the problem usually is soap in your suits.  So don't wear them. Or better yet, buy a separate suit for the spa and run it through a complete wash cycle with no soap. That will keep you from getting foam.

But now that you have foam, buy a liquid foam out product and put it in a spray bottle, possibly dillute it with water.  Run all your jets on high and turn on the air if you have it and force your foam to show up. Spray small amounts of the foam out directly on your foam. You will see it dissapear, but what that does is concgeal the oil and soap into a solid that sticks to the filter. So for a day or two after you use the foam out rinse your filters.

Also check your hardness level, too low of hardness makes foaming worse.

Then maybe in a couple more weeks you should obey Chas' law and drain and refill your tub.  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 12:51:10 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 08:10:14 am »
Yes, I have also used the foam out product but only found it to be some help.  It's the soap! If you purchase new bathing suits still wash them a few times in just plain water. I have found new suits have there own mistery of what is in them. After our first water change in the first couple of weeks the new suits were bad also.

Tell your guest to wash their bathing suits also or you will still be dealing with the foam.

All winter my wife and I did not have any guest in the spa and we went in in our birthday suit's. We never had a foam problem.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
;D ;DRe: too much foam - what to do?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 12:36:50 pm »
So for a day or two after you use the foam out rinse your filters.

Doesn't he have one of those new fancy disposable filters (like my tub) at $100 a pop? Ouch!, that one didn’t last very long…

Guess I need to make a sign to mount over my spa... no suits allowed!
;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 12:53:40 pm »
. I have found new suits have there own mistery of what is in them. .

My daughter is sensitive to it, so she hates to new clothes shop. She says it smells like the formaldhyde they had in biology class.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
Re:  ;D ;DRe: too much foam - what to do?
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 12:55:25 pm »

Doesn't he have one of those new fancy disposable filters (like my tub) at $100 a pop? Ouch!, that one didn’t last very long…

Guess I need to make a sign to mount over my spa... no suits allowed!
 ;D

I'm no familiar with the disposable filter.  Mine is disposable after about a years usage.  Can't they be rinsed and put back?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 01:24:18 pm »
For that kinda money on that new of a filter, I'd certainly try and rinse.
Brewman
Brewman

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Re:  ;D ;DRe: too much foam - what to do?
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 01:54:47 pm »

I'm no familiar with the disposable filter.  Mine is disposable after about a years usage.  Can't they be rinsed and put back?

I have no idea, have yet to fill my tub up. But I did get a regular washable pleated filter as a spare, just in case.

saz

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 04:47:37 pm »
this might sound sill, but we find that if our bromine levels drop, we get a load of foam going on. has anyone else had this prob??

regulajo

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 01:19:29 am »
Trachda,
I am taking a wet test in an '04 cameo tomorrow, and if I may ask, where in the country are you located and what did you pay, with what options.

I have been quoted $7695.00 and have not tried to negotiate yet. I have no idea if this is a "fair" price or not. I don't want to rip off a dealer or get taken either.  
Need to know ASAP if you could help me out.
Thank you,
Steve

trachda

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 11:40:03 am »
We have a 2005 model which has a waterfall, stereo, steps, life cover and ozanator all for $9200.  Delivery and spa set were also included.  They also came back after we filled the tub to show us how everything works.  we leave in NY about 90 minutes outside of NYC.
Hope this helps.
Karen and Dan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 11:40:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42