What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa's on Decks  (Read 1690 times)

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Spa's on Decks
« on: June 08, 2005, 07:04:58 pm »
Anyone with a spa built-in or on a deck, please post pictures. We are beginning our deck build around our spa tomorrow and I would love to see what creative designs you guys chose. We are building a second tier to our already existing deck. Thanks in advance  ;D!

Hot Tub Forum

Spa's on Decks
« on: June 08, 2005, 07:04:58 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa's on Decks
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:40:57 pm »
Payton,

I am building my deck as we speak. I am building 2 decks - main deck and hot tub deck. Unfortunately, I have only accomplished up to the framing portion, I had to wait for the tub to be delivered before framing out around it.

The tub's deck is going to be about 11 1/2 " below the main deck. Originally, it was supposed to be 18" below the main deck but I made the wrong measurements and this is what I got after building the tub's deck. All is not bad though, I now don't need a trap door to service the pumps and it seems to be the correct height (24 1/2") to be able to sit on the edge and bring feet around.

The main deck will be Timbertech Tongue and Groove planking in the Cedar color and half the deck will be screened in and the part with the tub will be open with white vinyl railing. We are planning on low voltage post cap lights on the railing posts.

I am taking photos but there's not much to see at this point. I will try to get them on a web site and post a link for you to see at least what's done already!

Vinny

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 09:47:58 pm »
Sounds really nice. We have our main deck which was built 5 years ago and we are adding a second tier deck right off the main one for the spa. It will have the spa, two chais lounge chairs and a bistro table with two chairs. We are using landscaping lights for our lighting at this point. The original deck sits up about 6' high off the ground and the second tier deck will sit about 3 feet off the ground. We wll have a pull away floor in front of the spa for servicing. The tub will sit about one foot above the deck with steps on 3 of the 4 sides to cover any of the cabinet that would show. The only visible part of the spa will be the spa molding at the top of it. The rear of the spa will sit about 5 inches from the back of the second tier so it will not be seen at all from the deck. We are getting reall excited about the process and will take photos as the building from beginning to end. When it is completed, it should look amazing  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 09:47:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42