What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first two week with piper glen  (Read 2776 times)

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
first two week with piper glen
« on: May 18, 2005, 04:34:33 pm »
I want to thank everyone for their help and information. I am very pleased with the piper glen I bought. delivery was great, everything was explained, water chemical start-up was written out. Water been crystal clear. Only problem is the cover, seems to be curved up on the  ends of one side, puddles water and does not seal. Dealer to replace. The tub is on deck outside of my family room. When deck is done, it will wrap two sides of room, but weater has been lousy, raining all the time, but I completed deck area for tub, it kinda looks like the pluggers tub (surrounded with incomplete deck!! oh,well, it will get done,.....thanks again
john ;D

Hot Tub Forum

first two week with piper glen
« on: May 18, 2005, 04:34:33 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: first two week with piper glen
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 02:52:11 am »
sounds great.  do you have photos to share with us.  I would love to see it.  

Just curious, what are you using, chlorine or bromine.  I would like to hear what they told you to do for maitenance for chemicals, I get my tub august and am trying to learn as much as I can.

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 06:28:11 pm »
We have a Piper Glen in the showroom and it's a sweet spa!  Congrats jcmsrv!!!

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 05:55:46 pm »
Bosco, sorry for the delay in answering your chemical question. Water chemical has been very simple and easy. first hot tub has ozone with nature 2 in filter sump. I use a product line called Blue Wave, supplied by dealer. Once a week I put in a small scoop of chorinating granules (sunday night after using) then after each use or once a day I put in a couple of small scoops of a chemical called Renew, chemical name persulfate compound. I test with test strips each morning and that it. The water has been crystal clear since May 1st with almost nightly use I spend about 5 mins. a day treating/checking water!!!! simple!
john

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 09:27:31 am »
thanks for the reply, that is great to know that it is simple to do and not time consuming.  That was one of my worries getting a hot tub.

I hope it provides you with years of enjoyment for you and your family.

Now that you have your tub, dont forget about us, keep in touch and make sure you provide your knowledge to others just starting out.  

Thanks again

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 10:29:26 am »
Congrats on the Piper Glen!

Does the latest model still have the "deep seat" where the neck jets are?

I was in mine at 105 degrees last night for 30 min. Pure heaven!

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 03:55:00 pm »
Hi Drewski
Yes, I believe it's seat #1, (just to the left of main control panel. I have found that I like all the seats!!!, and I like to be able to turn sideways and use like lounger because of jets on bottom of seat in front of control panel. If it ever stops raining up here (north of Boston) I will finish rest of deck, now hot tub installation looks like Plugger hot tub.
john

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 11:17:03 am »
I call that center seat with the calf jets for the 'cheater lounge' the 'annoying uncle seat'.   ;D  It's an experience he won't soon forget!   :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 11:17:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42