What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Resort Spas  (Read 4167 times)

jjatlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Resort Spas
« on: April 10, 2005, 09:43:56 pm »
This tracks a previous thread about Resort Spas - I wet tested a Bahia and a "Resort Spas" 840L.  I went in with the thought that I would probably want the Palermo bc of its side by side loungers.  The Palermo wasn't filled.  Turns out I really liked the Resort Spas lounger and the led lights and the pillow falls.  Dealer said it is made by Artesian.  Brochure has nothing on who makes it.  Just so everyone knows, I emailed Artesian and received the response as follows:

From me:
Message: Does Artesian manufacture "Resort Spas" brand of hot tubs?

If so, where can one find information about this brand on the
internet.

Thanks.

From Artesian:

We do.  We will not be adding the line to our Artesian site, rather, we are building a stand alone site for this tremendous product.
------------

So there it is from the horses mouth.

I'm still waiting to wet test the Palermo.

Now that I know Artesian makes the Resort Spas, I might not need to do so.

Thanks to everyone for all of the info I've been following for the last few months.

As for the Bahia, I read a comment about the back jets giving them a burning sensation - I'm not sure if it is bc I read that right before I went to wet test, but I also felt a burning sensation - even when I turned the jets down.

The only problem I have now is that the salesperson told me all about the superior filter system, etc.. of a Sundance.  I believe all of that.  Having said that, how do I logically purchase a spa that doesn't have this superior technology?

Btw I am looking to purchase at about 6k
and now having done it myself, I realize that wet testing is a must.

Hot Tub Forum

Resort Spas
« on: April 10, 2005, 09:43:56 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Resort Spas
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 09:56:49 pm »
Wet testing is a must.....As for the burning or what  some might say itchy or stinging sensation you feel in some spas...most of the time it is because lower flow but higher pressure jets.... this will not make for great therapy but will give the illusion of more power ...what ever spa you consider ..look for hi flow or water volume...but low pressure jets ..... that will allow you to spend time in front of them to give you the therapy you need....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:04:34 pm »
jjatlaw,

This is not a slam on Sundance but I would think that if Artesian is making the Resort Spa then the filtering system should be up to par with the Sundance. If a no name manufacturer was making it then that would be a different story. ALL the major manufacturers have their own twist on filtering. AND they all have clean water.

Go with the spa you like the best and don't worry the nuances that each spa has unless there's something special about a certain spa's nuance.

With that said, a friend has the Bahia and loves it. I just bought an Artesian Cayman and when I saw the LA Spas version (almost identical tub) I wasn't impressed, it was too flashy (dealer had it that way) for me. The Artesian version doesn't have too much flash and it appealed to me.

My only concern would be - what happens if the dealer stops carrying the Resort Spa line, is Artesian going to have another Artesian dealer repair that unit under warranty. Dealers do go out of business and do drop lines at times.

Good Luck!

Vinny

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 10:24:05 pm »
On one hand you have a product with a reputation and the other has limited history for you to evaluate.  Look and compare closely.  They both have a pretty face and they both make hot water.  Get a copy of the waranty and compare them.  Consider the track record of the dealer and get a feel for how each one takes care of their customer.

They are probably both a good choice but you are the judge, put you money down and get ready to relax and enjoy.

jjatlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 09:46:16 pm »
Just wanted everyone to know that I've been with my Resorts Spa now for a month and I'm very happy with the purchase.  I even like the pillow falls and the led lights.  So, for anyone like me who liked the Resorts Spa but was hesistant bc of the brand- so far, so good.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 09:36:23 am »
Thanks for following up. Don't forget the review section.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 09:36:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42