What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Test Question  (Read 2408 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Wet Test Question
« on: May 21, 2005, 09:46:04 am »
What if the hot tub that your interested in the dealer doesn't have it in stock? Do you wait to test it or can you compromise with another tub that will give you the idea on jets and seating. Here's why I ask..next Fri I'm wet testing 5 different hot tub dealers, Artesian doesn't have the Santa Cruz but, they have the topaz which is 1000 more but has 6 fewer jets, at bullfrog I'm testing the jets in a much bigger tub than the 331 cause they apparently don't have taht one in stock, at hot springs is the only one who are going to great lengths to get the Jetsetter set up for me (they have it in stock, in several colors) the problem with that is if I decide to get the jetsetter I have to wait until Aug but that isn't really a problem cause I'd be willing to wait for it if it's the one that my back chooses to say ok to. at Cal Spas..they have the 503 in the journey but not the 501 or 502 how come they all can't have the one in stock I wanna test???? and at coleman..it'll be the first time I've even walked into their store, we haven't really looked at them that hard

Hot Tub Forum

Wet Test Question
« on: May 21, 2005, 09:46:04 am »

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
Re: Wet Test Question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 11:42:19 am »
I can only speak about the Artesians as we have them in our showroom.  The Santa Cruz is in the Island series while the Topaz is a Gold Class spa.  The difference will be huge.  The Island series is a mid-range line with mid-size jet openings.  Although many/most of the jets do rotate, I don't find them nearly as comfortable as the Gold Class jetting.  The Gold jets have significantly larger openings and have a wider rotation diameter.  So, while the Topaz may have fewer jets, the coverage should be quite similar and, in my opinion, much more comfortable.  Not to mention the water flow control feature on the Gold Class (like a dimmer switch for water flow).

I hope that helps, and I hope that your back pains go away soon.   ;D

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 11:45:19 am »
Oops!  I lied.  We also have Coleman spas in the showroom.  The 351 has a similar layout to the models that you mentioned.  It is a shorter tub but offers a great therapeutic jetting layout.  And, as I've said before, the Coleman tubs run extremely quiet... if that's a concern at all.

Again, good luck on your quest!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 12:04:18 pm »
at hot springs is the only one who are going to great lengths to get the Jetsetter set up for me (they have it in stock, in several colors) the problem with that is if I decide to get the jetsetter I have to wait until Aug

Why on earth would you have to wait until August if they have them in stock? ???

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 12:18:48 pm »
Well my showroom is small so we run into this situation often.

I have customers who have offered their tubs for pre-scheduled wet tests.

We give them an in store credit and it's nice because they're usually around at the time and can answer questions about their spa from a non sales perspective.

Between what we have set up in my store and our larger store in 99 miles away, our personal spas, as well as our very graceous customer base, We have almost every model in both lines available.

In both Coleman and Jacuzzi there are certain models that have some on the same seats with the exception of an extra lounger or no lounger. In that instance someone could get the feel for the other spa by sitting in the similar one.

Spahappy :D

Backpains

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 05:23:14 pm »
Why on earth would you have to wait until August if they have them in stock?  

Because the Hot springs spa is a little more than our budget would allow for now. See here's the scoop the only way I could get a spa sooner is if I went with either the Artesian Santa Cruz, the Cal Spas 501 or 502 or the bullfrog 331 because they are in the 4-5k range..if I go with the Hot Springs or the Coleman they both are 55-6 and the bank only will loan 6k for our spatopia. so that's the reason if I decided on one of them I'd have to wait until Aug then we would have another loan paid off and could go into a tiny mortgage for the works a nicer spa (maybe or maybe the smaller priced ones will make my back feel happy that is why we wet test nex fri) (ooo btw I bought myself a brand new bathing suit just for the occasion horaaaayy) and a deck to put it on with a nice sliding glass door to go to it from the bedroom (don't know if hubby is gonna like it come 2am when I can't sleep and I'm in the hottub  ::)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 06:09:43 pm »
I apologize, I thought that the dealer was telling you it would be August before they could deliver.  I was really scratching my head about that ;D.

Good luck in your wet testing!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 08:55:46 pm »
I went to my local dealer to look at the HS Envoy and was told that since they didn't have one set up that I could try the Soverign and the Vista and that it was in between the 2.  Called around and I found a dealer about 30 miles away that had the Envoy filled.  Wet tested and even saved about $700.  The Envoy was a totally different unit.

Backpains

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 10:39:31 am »
TY all for your answers to my question...but, now I'm just frustrated and ticked off!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 10:39:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42