What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: garden leisure vs hydropool  (Read 3644 times)

basstracker

garden leisure vs hydropool
« on: May 16, 2005, 10:52:53 pm »
I am interested in buying a 6 person hot tub and have been trying to decide between a garden leisure (Chamelia Platinum Series) and a Hydropool 700 (Titanium series).  I have not been able to find alot of personal forums on either of these two brands.  Any information from previous buyers would be greatly appreciated.  The quotes I am getting are around $7,000.  (Cover, CD player, stainless steel jets, etc.)

Hot Tub Forum

garden leisure vs hydropool
« on: May 16, 2005, 10:52:53 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: garden leisure vs hydropool
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:26:23 pm »
Wow...there's not much that I'm aware of that can top a 700 Titanium Hydropool...

But then again, I'm the western Canadian rep for Hydropool so my opinion might be a bit biased! ;)

If there's anything I can do help basstracker, please let me know!!

Steve
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 11:26:50 pm by Steve »

basstracker

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 11:43:39 pm »
I have a question concerning the filtering system.  I have read on another forum people saying that the filtering system on the Hydropool spas are not good because the sand, dirt, etc. is being ran from the bottom through the pump before it is actually filtered, thus not good for the long term of the pump.

I am actually looking at the 700 Platinum not the Titanium.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 12:03:40 am by basstracker »

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 12:01:25 am »
I believe Hydropool offers a sealed/pressurized filtering system.  Check with Steve and get his expert opinion.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 10:49:03 am »
I have a question concerning the filtering system.  I have read on another forum people saying that the filtering system on the Hydropool spas are not good because the sand, dirt, etc. is being ran from the bottom through the pump before it is actually filtered, thus not good for the long term of the pump.

I am actually looking at the 700 Platinum not the Titanium.

I haven't read any negative reviews of owners of Hydropool spas though I do imagine there might be negitive posts from either owners or salespeople selling other products.

The filtration system on a Hydropool is one of the key elemets that sets them apart. First off, these are pressurized filtration system as Autoplay mentioned. Any idea what type of filtration is used on all commercial and residential swimming pools? You got it!

Secondly, Hydropool spas have a "Self Cleaning" system which actually removes small dirt and debrit from the footwell (where everything heavier than water sinks to) and filters that also. The entire body of water is filtered every 15 minutes.

As far as having a concern with this small debrit going the pump, these are 56 frame pool pumps and the debrit is no larger than sand in most cases. It's been done for many years and if you have a sump pump, you can see the much larger debrit entering that system without cause for concern.

Knowing the variations, I would put this filtration up against any other out there for performance and function. It's not a gimmick, but rather a proven filtration system that has worked in the commercial swimming pool industry for many, many years. If it's good enough for that, it's good enough for a Hydropool!

Steve

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 07:24:55 pm »
I will let you know how I like my tub on Saturday when they deliver it!

Jaymi

basstracker

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 09:11:44 pm »
Which Hydropool did you buy?  And why?  I am looking at the 700 series because of the double lounger but I have not been able to physically see it yet, just a picture.  The showroom is about 3 hours away.

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 11:59:21 am »
I bought a 575 Gold with a few upgrades.  I bought it first off because it was the size I wanted. It was also a floor model and I needed to get it before my contractor came to put in the deck and didn't have time to wait on one from the factory.  I bought it because of the cleaning system.  (I hope it works like they say!)  

Plus the dealer gave me a great deal!!

Jaymi

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 04:24:19 pm »
I bought the Hydropool  Serenity 600 elite plus and have been very pleased with it .got it 7 months ago. I don't have the top of the line filtering system but after a brief time reading and experimenting I have great water with little effort. I picked Hydropool because of the dealer and the companies long history in swimming pools and commercial spas. they seem to be built to last . any questions , let me help....bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 04:24:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42