What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any info on Pro-form or Other $6K Spa?  (Read 4744 times)

araknes

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Any info on Pro-form or Other $6K Spa?
« on: May 05, 2005, 11:23:24 pm »
Hello,

We would like to spend around $6K on a 1st time spa purchase, which seems to put us in the 2nd tier for most manufacturers.  After much shopping around, a spa by Pro-Form is one of our leading contenders.  I haven't been able to find out much about these spas.  Does anyone out there have one of these?

It seems that Pro-Form is made by the same company that makes the Image spas sold by Home Depot.  I'm trying to understand whether these are actually the same spas or whether Pro-Form is a step up from Image -- two different quality tiers by the same company?  

We'd be buying it from a local spa guy whose been in business in our area for 20+ years so I'm not concerned about the customer service issues raised for Image purchased through Home Depot.  He also sells CalSpas but recommended the Pro-Form over CalSpa saying you get more for your $$ with Pro-Form.

Our other leading contender now is a Sundance 700 series (formerly Sweetwater until recently).... these also don't get the best reviews but the affiliation with Sundance makes me feel like it is a better quality unit?

I'm not expecting a $9K spa for $6K -- but I also don't want to get duped.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Any info on Pro-form or Other $6K Spa?
« on: May 05, 2005, 11:23:24 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Any info on Pro-form or Other $6K Spa?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 07:12:30 am »
I don't know about Proform, it may be OK. But IMO your probably better off with a secondary line from a major manufacturer (BTW - STAY AWAY from CAL!!).

The 700 series is a nice tub, I don't know where you got the impression that they're not that good. But keep your options open ... go to Coleman, they should have a tub at about your price range along with Artesian Island series, D1 @ Home series, Marquis Everyday series and Master Down East series. Hot Springs dealers do have lower lines, I would imagine there's one in your budget. And there may be others that I didn't mention.

From what I've read, there could be a problem with local manufacturers or lower quality spas and getting parts and service.

Take your time and look around, you'll find a nice tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:51:03 am »
You didn't say how many people would be using your spa.  You probably can't get a quality 7 person spa under 6k, but don't be disillusioned by the price tag you see when you walk in most stores.  As Vinny was mentioning most major brands have models in your price range.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:51:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42