What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sensation Spas?  (Read 3714 times)

ladeyday

• Lookin' to get wet
Sensation Spas?
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:22:45 pm »
Has anyone had any experience with this firm? They are new in my area where (as far as I know) pickings are slim. From what i've read here, they're not on anyone's list.
Any suggestions for a 2-3 person tub? (What to look for, consider, etc)
I'm new to all this. Just decided that I want to fulfill a years  years long dream.
Thanks!  :D

Hot Tub Forum

Sensation Spas?
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:22:45 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Sensation Spas?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:08:59 pm »
wow, based on their web site alone, I would say stay away.  How many professional spa companies do you know of that show a saw with an under construction sign on it.  

Just my opinion, stay away and stick with the good stuff.  For this kind of money you might as well get something that you want and take an extra year to pay it off.  

coopie

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:20:41 pm »
Hi! I am pretty new to this also. I plan on mostly using this for myself with the rare occassion of 1-2 joining me. I see that Thermospas has a 2 person spa that looks awesome and a 3-4 person one. I just sent out a request though because I don't ever see anyone touting Thermospas.

Please keep me posted if you find something, OK....cause I'd love to know what you find!

Good luck!

ladeyday

• Lookin' to get wet
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 12:25:55 pm »
Coopie,
are you still thinking of thermaspa. I read what others think of it.
I'm rethinking my choice, because Sensation was never mentioned here as one of the top companies. It was suspicious when a return "trip" to their website was still constructing.
I was going to rush into it but my son advised me to wait & do more research. His thought was that a little longer wait for something this big would be worthwhile. It's beginning to look as if he's right.
Fortunately, I was driving through the heart of Albuquerque last evening & saw stores for Coleman & Hot springs.
Can anyone fill me in on what a "wet test" is. The Sensation guy never suggest that I step in the tub, even though I voiced some concern about the 2 person model's seats appearing very low.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 12:34:16 pm »
. It was suspicious when a return "trip" to their website was still constructing...............

.................Can anyone fill me in on what a "wet test" is. The Sensation guy never suggest that I step in the tub, even though I voiced some concern about the 2 person model's seats appearing very low.

I hope I'm not stepping on Lori's toes here (That would put her nose in my belly button!)   But a wet test is basically a test under actual conditions with hot water and power to the tub so you can try it out for real.  As far as the seats appearing low,  sitting in the tub dry and give you a feel for that. (Look for indication of where the water line should be.  It will usually be higher than the highest jet and high enough to allow water to enter the filter compartment. Most tubs are taller than that though to allow the water level to change depending on the number of people in it.  The water level can vary quite a bit empty vs full in a 2-3 person tub so I would think a wet test with the people you plan on sharing the tub with would be helpful.

As for the website,  Not everybody is onboard with this internet stuff yet, though I expect all major manufacturers to be online in a stylish manner.  

Ask about thier history if you visit again.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 12:37:24 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 12:43:43 pm »

I hope I'm not stepping on Lori's toes here (That would put her nose in my belly button!)  

Naaahhhh!!!  I will add, the wet test is probably one of the most important parts of deciding on a tub!  You son was right, take your time and enjoy the shopping experience!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 12:43:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42