What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: finally purchased a tub  (Read 3333 times)

turbo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
finally purchased a tub
« on: April 23, 2005, 06:06:11 pm »
Well, after a year of searching, I finally plunked down my cash on a marquis epic.  The tub is really comfortable. I bought a "fully-loaded" tub, includes cover, lift, stairs,e z pad, soundsations and a years worth of chemicals for $10,000.  Do you think that is a good price?  Now I am looking forward to the delivery, which will be in a couple of weeks. :D ;D :-/ 8)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:13:07 pm by turbo »

Hot Tub Forum

finally purchased a tub
« on: April 23, 2005, 06:06:11 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: finally purchased a tub
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 06:29:23 pm »
Congratulations!  It sure looks like a great tub (only seen the pictures)!!!

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 06:32:54 pm »

I like the placement of the jets in the lounger. Calf jets, thigh jets and two on the feet to get the entire foot. Nice roomy looking footwell, but how do you call this a 7 seater?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 12:56:35 am »
Bill,

Calling it a 7 seater is a stretch ....it seats 6 and actually has room for everyones feet....the therapy pillar is the 7th position ....What Marquis has done with the spa is really designed it for those who want totally body therapy and when you have more than 2 in the spa all the seats still will have operable jets ....but when it is only one or two in the spa  you can really dial in some great massage .... the seat you mention with the thigh....calve and foot jets each those work just those areas one at time and with 160 gallons of Hi Flow...but low pressure jets ...Marquis really tries to mimic the way a masseuse works muscle groups .....deep therapy and one group at a time..... It is a wonderful therapy rich spa....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 12:59:01 am by Mendocino101 »

Hankster

• A soaker seeker
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:21:41 am »
I just wish Marquis made a version of the Epic that was a little bit smaller.  It's hard for me to justify keeping all that water hot for only 4 users.   But you are right, if a person is looking for hydrotherapy (and I am), the Epic is where it's happening.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 09:49:20 am »
It's hard for me to justify keeping all that water hot for only 4 users.

May I ask why?  I have a 400 gal Vanguard that is primarily used by 1 (me)!  As some of the pros on here have suggested, water is the cheapest element to add to your spa!  Keeping it hot is not really a big deal, unless you lose power or something.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hankster

• A soaker seeker
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 10:11:38 am »
Hmmmm....  Don't tempt me! :D

Really, there's just two of us, but there's another couple we hang out with all the time although mostly on weekends.  So most of the week there'd be just two users.  I spoke (email) to someone at Marquis who said he thought the Epic was too big for me and pointed me toward the SA Reward, so I really haven't thought much more about  the Epic.  But maybe I should!  ;)

Lori, I looked at the Vanguard and Envoy yesterday.  I like the Envoy, and the dealer will let me wet test.  The Marquis dealer just has one tub (an obsolete model) they keep filled with water which they let you wet test.  I guess they expect you to use your imagination as to how it might feel on a different model.  Having said that, I am still very attracted to the high volume flow of the Marquis models. I believe that is the key to great hydrotherapy.  I have lots of problems with my neck and lower back, so hydrotherapy is one of the main things I am looking for.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 10:46:41 am »
Hank....

I would not think that cost diffenrece on a monthly basis would even be $2.00 between and Reward and a Epic....go with the Epic if its what you like....

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 10:55:55 am »
Well, after a year of searching, I finally plunked down my cash on a marquis epic.  quote]

You should learn to pace yourself, dont be so spontaneous.   ;D   ;D

Congrats.  Welcome to the spa owners club.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 10:55:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42