What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ist Purchase  (Read 1496 times)

fishoutofwater

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Ist Purchase
« on: March 31, 2005, 07:05:27 am »
We're looking for a small (2-4 person) hot tub for a Minnesota backyard.  I want enough jets for back, shoulders & feet.   My husband doesn't really care, but needs room for his 6' frame.  We'd like to spend a normal amount of money, whatever that is, for a relatively normal tub.  We can get to all kinds of dealers in the Twin Cities.  Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Ist Purchase
« on: March 31, 2005, 07:05:27 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ist Purchase
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 08:25:34 am »
Depending on your price range - you have a lot of choices.

Look at all the major brands: Hot Springs, Sundance,  D1, Marquis, Artesian, Master, Coleman, ...; I'm sure I left a few out. It sounds like you should stay away from Cal Spas and Thermospas - they don't seem to be any good. My opinion is go to as many dealers as you can and make sure you like the tub and dealer. You'll be surprised how you like some dealers and don't like others. Check out models with and without loungers.

Another one of my opinions is to forget about ALL the sales dribble you hear and get the tub YOU like! Don't worry about full foam vs thermo-pane insulation or filtering or anything else a salesperson is trying to sell you. I would say all the major manufacturers have everything covered but they do things differently.

Also, people say WET TEST. I didn't (wife would have divorced me!) but I think it is a good idea.

Good luck in your search and I'm sure more experienced people will respond and give you additional advice!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:33:08 am »
In the Twin Cities area, there are a ton of spa dealers.
HOM Furniture is now the Sundance Dealer, and they also have a lower priced brand.  They have locations all over the metro area.  
 There is an Arctic dealer in Burnsville, lots of Cal Spa dealers everywhere.  On the stretch of 394 between 169 and 100 is the Master dealer, and a couple others.
Do a dexonline search for pool and spa dealers- you'll find plenty more than I've listed.
Happy shopping.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:33:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42