What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: help scum  (Read 2809 times)

tlc

help scum
« on: March 15, 2005, 05:24:06 pm »
Today it was time to clean the filters for the first time, used filter cleaner soaked for 12 hours rinsed and put back in tub, water was cloudy so added water clarifier, now I have huge scum. I wanted to shock thinking that would solve my problem, but dealer and I are out of shock!!! on Brillliance system (bromine) what can I do???
tlc

Hot Tub Forum

help scum
« on: March 15, 2005, 05:24:06 pm »

tlc

Re: help scum
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 08:31:48 am »
Unbelievable that nobody could help me, My filteration system took care of it. As of late last night the water was crystal clear!  thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 08:39:25 am »
I was a little too busy last night to post to the board, I'd have suggested letting your filter system take care of it.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 09:07:35 am »
, used filter cleaner soaked for 12 hours rinsed and put back in tub,

tlc

I noticed you said rinse only once.  I rinse the heck out of mine, walk away, come back, rinse again, and then a third time.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

txwillie

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 09:59:31 am »
I had the same thing happen to me in the first couple of months I had my tub. The scum is a byproduct of the clarifier. It is all the crud clumping together and sticking to the walls. The crud that is coagulating is probably residue from the filter cleaner. You have to rinse, and rinse and rinse some more. I used to rinse with just a hose/sprayer interspersed with soaks in clean water. At least 15 min on each filter and even then I'd get cleaner back in the tub. I made my own little backwash device for my filters and now spend less than 5 min each and get no cleaner residue at all.

Many of the regulars on this board will tell you to drain and refill after the first month or so. Probably a good idea. I did it when I had your problem at about 2 months. But, any time you use a clarifier, plan on spending 30 min or so scooping crud and foam out of the tub with a skimmer and wiping down the walls with a clean sponge (and make sure the sponge is new and you rinse the heck out of it before you use it in the tub).

Hope it helps

txwillie

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 04:25:10 pm »
I thought this was another thread on JA....
Homeworks Financing Representative

tlc

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 09:18:30 am »
I have decided to order new filters , that way I won't be in such a hurry !! I'll  have an extra set!! clean one and put in other. I realize I didn't rinse well enough. thought 10 min would be enough! Live on Mi and it is still cold!!!
tlc

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 11:57:07 am »
I have decided to order new filters , that way I won't be in such a hurry !! I'll  have an extra set!! clean one and put in other. I realize I didn't rinse well enough. thought 10 min would be enough! Live on Mi and it is still cold!!!
tlc

Having a second set of filter(s) is a wise thing to do. To properly clean and reuse your filter(s) you must soak, rinse, rinse and then let them dry. Most people always miss the last step. So if you do not have an extra filter you will never do the last step and it is important.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 11:57:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42