What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deck Lighting - for spa safety  (Read 3536 times)

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!

Hot Tub Forum

Deck Lighting - for spa safety
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:47:31 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Deck Lighting - for spa safety
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:46:08 pm »
I plan on getting the post cap lighting from there!

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 08:37:08 pm »
I couldn't open that site but you might want to check e-bay. I got my post cap lights from there(Red DOt) for the deck i built for my tub and they worked perfectly! They are only 35 watt but I was able to wire them into my exterior fuse box (not the gfc breaker my tub is on) using 12-2 without needing a low voltage wire. It gives perfect lighting to see to get to the tub without too much so that it illuminates us while in the tub. And I got 7 lights for about 42 bucks. Just a suggestion.  

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 08:42:06 pm »
found a listing just in case you are interested....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42155&item=4364603390&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

look under "deck lighting" on e-bay...some other styles but the above is what i got.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 09:19:55 pm »
Thanks spahunter!

The ones we were considering were:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=94938&item=4364416463&rd=1

The only thing is we want white with fluted glass ... but now that I know, I'll be looking on ebay.

Thanks again!

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 11:13:22 pm »
No problem,
Have got so much great information on this forum , glad to give a little ;D back if I can.

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 10:46:54 am »
I used a set of low voltage lights from Kichler. They are awesome! Low-voltage landscape lighting equipment is easier to install. Except for the transformer that's connected to a 120-volt circuit, the entire system runs on harmless 12-volt current. I have lights attached to the sides of the posts in key spots on my deck and also at the top and bottom of the posts for each set of stairs I have. (3 sets) Steps are 3 down to the ground. The steps look great lit up! I also have 4 lights under the benches I have around the spa itself!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 08:09:45 pm »
When we build the deck we will be putting 18 watt low voltage post lights in top of the posts to illuminate the open area of the deck. They are similar to what was on Ebay

I originally found them at Rockler:

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id=6235

The railing is going to be white vinyl and I think there will 7 posts. If they don't throw off enough light, I'll be installing louvered step lights on the steps for safety ... then again I could just mount a couple of 500 watt floods to illuminate the deck - LOL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 08:09:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42