What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cool down seats  (Read 10090 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Cool down seats
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:57:52 am »
Does your tub have one? Do you wish it did or didn't? Mine doesn't although my daughter kind of uses the lounger that way.  2 years as an owner, I might consider this were I didn't before.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Cool down seats
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:57:52 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Cool down seats
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 11:00:54 am »
When I was in retail, I would mention that in every presentation. It's critical I believe and spas with loungers can often be used at the end for a cool down area.

Not many users enjoy jumping out completely and sitting on the edge of the spa so a good cool down seat or seating for younger children is a real advantage in any spa.

Steve

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 12:33:21 pm »
I love the cool down seat!  It was a consideration when I was looking!

It is great, especially when I have been in about 30 minutes (which is my limit at 101) but want to stay in a bit longer (work out some extra kinks)!  I cool off enough, that when I get back into one of the jetted seats, it feels so nice and cozy!  I can usually stay an extra 10 to 15 minutes, without feeling like I'm going to pass out!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

JTJ23BA

• I love my HotSpring!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 12:43:02 pm »
My Prodigy has a cooldown seat and I use it almost every time I'm in the spa.  

georgiapeach

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 12:52:32 pm »
Does your tub have one? Do you wish it did or didn't? Mine doesn't although my daughter kind of uses the lounger that way.  2 years as an owner, I might consider this were I didn't before.

We have the HS Grandee and one of the reasons I went with that model was because of the cool down seat.  I don't regret it for a min.  Sometimes I get too hot and I'll just sit on the cool down seat for a few min.  Not only that, it's easier to get in and out of the tub.  Initially we were going to go with the Envoy, but I had a hard time getting in and out of that tub, and the lounger wasn't comfortable as I thought it would be, so we decided to go with the Grandee.  The best decision we made and again, love the cool down seat!  

Peachy

KC-SWO

• Waiting for my new deck, Dreaming of my BC 750
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 12:54:54 pm »
My wife uses the cool down seat in our tub.

I don't tend to use it.  I am tall enough, I can sit up straight and use all but the deepest seats, as cool down points.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 01:13:42 pm »
The cooldown seat on my LSX doubles as the entry step into the tub which is essential to me.  I use it occasionally as a seat....since I run the tub around 99 overheating is not a problem.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

rick

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 01:24:17 pm »
My cooldown seat is my swimming pool.   It is so invigorating to jump in and then back to the spa, and then back to the pool, and then back to the spa,  and then...whack!   Sorry my record's got a scratch.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 02:10:19 pm »
My cooldown seat is my swimming pool.   It is so invigorating to jump in and then back to the spa, and then back to the pool, and then back to the spa,  and then...whack!   Sorry my record's got a scratch.

A old gym I use to belong to when I was young and even more stupid, had a ice bath. It was like a round inground tub you might find at a hotel, but only big enough for one person.  If the swimming pool was too cold a quick dip there would make it feel great. Everytime I get inflammation in my shoulders I wish that was still around.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 02:30:31 pm »
My tub has 2 cool down seats, both with great jet therapy. Without a doubt they are the most used seats in the tub. I wouldn't consider buying a tub without one.
e

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 06:46:25 pm »
My wifes ony request was a cool down seat. The one in the HS Vanguard allows her to lay back and lounge out. Very nice! Even I will use it.

spahunter

• Can't wait to soak!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 06:55:43 pm »
Like most people here..love the cool down seat. Was a BIG selling point for me as I tend to get hot faster than wife. My TR Siberian has many different level seating positions so i usually sit in the one that sfeeps me a little out of water and then move to cool down seat if needed. Love it and wouldn't buy a tub without it for sure if at all possible!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 08:36:09 pm »
I didn't give it much thought while I was shopping. I've never been in a "portable" hot tub and only been in a couple of commercial tubs.

I guess shopping for a tub might be one of those purchases where experience helps. Or as you live with the tub, you realize what you want or don't want in your next model.

mhraracing

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 08:42:34 pm »
The cooldown seat on my LSX doubles as the entry step into the tub which is essential to me.  I use it occasionally as a seat....since I run the tub around 99 overheating is not a problem.

We do the same thing with our Geneva....as for using it....its been TOO cold to even try it. Righ now its 6 degrees with a 20 mph wind. - Maybe I could call it a Frostbite Seat tonight ???
Caldera Geneva Utopia

riddler

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 08:56:52 pm »
It is a wise idea to buy a spa with a cool down seat. Believe it or not when you body gets too hot from high temp water, it is a good feeling to sit on a cool down seat , regardless of the sub degree temps outside. Also it is a nice spot for a small person , or even a child to sit. Hope this can help anyone in question of a "cool down" seat.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 08:56:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42