What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: home show  (Read 4393 times)

k9smith

home show
« on: March 13, 2005, 01:54:05 am »
Well first let me say thank you to all of you who post here. You answered alot of my questions before I had a chance to post. Now I am at the wet test stage. I think i have narrowed it down to two spas. First the jac 385 and second the vita Cabaret. While at the home show this weekend i was quoted a price of 7295 out the door for the 385 and 7850+tax  for the vita. I belive  both dealers are good as they both are established in my area. I'm not going to be ready for 90 days so I would have to lock this price in with a down payment now. Does your experience tell you that the show prices can be met later in the year or are these prices really special. By the way I have looked at the following
Sundance
catalinia
hotsprings
d1
COLEMAN
aspen
bull frog.
For what I have to spend these two are where I need to be. I do like the sundance optima but is more than I want to spend. Both come with steps, cover, cover lifter, chemicals. Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

home show
« on: March 13, 2005, 01:54:05 am »

k9smith

Re: home show
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 11:34:29 am »
hello anyone here ???

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 11:56:37 am »
It is probably a little early on Sunday morning to get lots of responses.

I have never bought at a home show and would not be pressured into buying at a home show.  If they quoted a price, I would think they could match that price out of their store if they are indeed a dealer.  The only exception might be if they were selling the spa on the floor and did not want to transport it back to the showroom and would ship directly to you.  I understand incentives, etc., but once they tip their hand with a price, IMO its attainable.  Anyway, sounds like a good price on the 385.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
;)Re: home show
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 12:01:37 pm »
k9,

I know someone is out there. ???

You know, I look at your post, you talk about Vita and Jacuzzi, but your HEART is for the Sundance Optima. I would really re-look at your finances, you will have whichever spa you choose for a LONG, LONG time. I understand that the Optima may be more than you budgeted for, but if the others aren't really what you want. Wait until you can afford the spa of your dreams.
I have owned a Sundance Optima for many years, I absolutely love it. I am in a different situation than you, I am a dealer, I sell Sundance. I'm not saying the Jacuzzi or Vita aren't good, quality brands, I'm just saying that if your heart is saying Sundance, don't compromise.
In the long run, you win... ;)

hottubber... ;D

PS, maybe an 04 Optima would be right there, $$.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 12:03:21 pm by hottubber »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 12:03:17 pm »
Most dealers can give you same deal just after the show at the store. It depends on whetjer they have been given a show special by the manufacturer. If they have been given a special price for a show, the manufacturer has given them a deadline.

If I was said dealer, I would make your deadline 1-2 days before my deadline so that we aren't pressured and running around at the last minute.

If there is no promotion from the manufacturer to the dealer, there should be no reason why they cant offer to you at a later date, unless they take this stance:
"A sale has no meaning if it is available all the time. The sale has to have a start and end date."
Homeworks Financing Representative

k9smith

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 12:52:45 pm »
thanks for the help.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 12:53:31 pm »
I am one who is leery about there being truly great deals at the show.....I am sure that there can be in certain circumstances some good buys but for the most part...I think a your local dealer can be competitive with the show prices most of the time....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 01:54:10 pm »
I respectfully disagree Mendo.

Here's how I look at it based on the exposure I've had over the years.

As we know, shows are expensive. Why would I as a dealer, spend the money and "man" hours attending it if I wasn't there to move spas and have it be a successful show?

These shows often have previous year models (taking into account the time of year) as well as additional promotions added by the manufacturer to create better value. The problem is, most consumers don't do their homework prior to the show in order to determine value. If they did, it would be easy to know if a given "show special" were truly that!

Having a show special that's available 3 weeks after the show equates to this dealer spending thousands of dollars for no reason and they should have just placed a full page ad in the local paper and waited patiently in their store. Pointless.

Show specials can be held with a small deposit in most cases and if you're serious about this purchase, hold it for a week (or more)  and do some research. Make sure they write "100% fully refundable" on the invoice and you will know you have nothing to lose.

Steve

k9smith

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 02:16:51 pm »
Thats what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to determine if this is a good price. I am doing my home work however there aren't alot of places to check prices and find out what a good price for my area would be. If there is something im missing please point me in the right direction as I don't have a problem doing research. :)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 02:32:44 pm »
Steve,

That is why I wrote that there are certain circumstances where you might be able to save...If there is some Manufacture support or something to help the dealer off set costs but many of the shows out here in So Cal are just little 3 days shows that happen almost weekly and those are the type of shows where real savings will be hard to find ....

poolboy34

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 03:11:54 pm »
yeah but what if it's one of those "SPA SUPER SALES" with "dozens" of top manufacturers there?????  I bet you would get a helluva better deal at one of those then you would in a showroom. ;) :o

mowgli1

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 03:44:59 pm »
Right.... and they will tell you how happy your local dealer will be  to deliver and service it for you. If I sound bitter,it's because I am..

poolboy34

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 05:46:30 pm »
Right.... and they will tell you how happy your local dealer will be  to deliver and service it for you. If I sound bitter,it's because I am..

I didn't mean to strike a nerve, i was just trying to a dd a lil sarcasm to this thread.

mowgli1

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 06:02:58 pm »
Your post was funny. I am a big fan of sarcasm. Besides now I'm getting the spa I really love . D1 Sarena Bay

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 08:11:12 pm »
Steve,

That is why I wrote that there are certain circumstances where you might be able to save...If there is some Manufacture support or something to help the dealer off set costs but many of the shows out here in So Cal are just little 3 days shows that happen almost weekly and those are the type of shows where real savings will be hard to find ....

Gotcha.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 08:11:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42