What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Elite Stuart  (Read 3468 times)

zzaphod42

The Elite Stuart
« on: March 08, 2005, 04:45:02 pm »
I was (briefly) looking at an Elite tub a couple of days ago and the one thing that stuck out was the cover on it. It looked to be a 5"-4" cover with an insulating center core. (heat bumper seal) It actually looked exactly like the most common cover used by Arctic, colour and all. I am wondering if this is something offered on the Elite by Maxx, or if it was an aftermarket cover?

Joe

PS Catchy title eh?

Hot Tub Forum

The Elite Stuart
« on: March 08, 2005, 04:45:02 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: The Elite Stuart
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 06:52:47 pm »
This is not an aftermarket and yes it is a standard option with Elite.

Even I can stand on it!

Don't know what I think of them yet, I can't imagine how heavy they will be when they start taking on water!

I do think a coverlift is essential with this cover. It's a bear to wrestle around...

zzaphod42

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 07:11:28 pm »
I guess my next question would be if you know whether an outside company is manufacturing the same covers for Elite and Arctic?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 07:58:32 pm »
I guess my next question would be if you know whether an outside company is manufacturing the same covers for Elite and Arctic?

I'm not sure but I can find out.... :)

BTW, I could go so many places with the title to this thread but I won't!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 07:59:33 pm by stuart »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 09:12:07 pm »
This is not an aftermarket and yes it is a standard option with Elite.

Even I can stand on it!

Don't know what I think of them yet, I can't imagine how heavy they will be when they start taking on water!

I do think a coverlift is essential with this cover. It's a bear to wrestle around...

Stuart if this were a D-1 or Marquis feature you would be all over it. What gives here?

To me you have always seemed a bit indifferent to the Elite line of spas that you sell.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 10:03:19 pm by spahappy »

JPKeirstead

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 10:43:04 pm »
I was (briefly) looking at an Elite tub a couple of days ago and the one thing that stuck out was the cover on it. It looked to be a 5"-4" cover with an insulating center core. (heat bumper seal) It actually looked exactly like the most common cover used by Arctic, colour and all. I am wondering if this is something offered on the Elite by Maxx, or if it was an aftermarket cover?

Joe

PS Catchy title eh?

I can assure you that although it may look similar, it is not the same cover.  The company that makes our cover currently only supplies us.  The real difference is the molded foam core.  To make those they would have to invest heavily in the molds.  

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Regards,
James

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 12:18:25 am »

Stuart if this were a D-1 or Marquis feature you would be all over it. What gives here?

To me you have always seemed a bit indifferent to the Elite line of spas that you sell.

If D1 or Marquis had it I would also reserve judgement until I was sure about it. I feel the way about the changes to Elite as you do about bringing on the Jacuzzi line....I like the selling features and the story but it kinda goes against what I have believed for a long time and I'm not just jumping in.

There is an old saying..."Don't test the depth of a stream with both feet" I have one leg in and as soon as I'm sure I will jump in!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 12:18:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42