What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FOAM??   Chlorine??  Jets?? HELP!!!!  (Read 2982 times)

NewbieMB

FOAM??   Chlorine??  Jets?? HELP!!!!
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:26:35 pm »
Okay, been looking and doing my research and I'm not sure there is ever a final, definite answer to some of my spa questions....kind of like Toyota vs. Nissan vs. Honda..... but here goes:

Full Foam vs. other:  Seems like a lot of good lines use full foam with wood strucutral support like D1 and Jacuzzi and Hot Springs.....but some seem to critisize foam?  WHY might foam be bad...why good?

D1 is claiming to have a no chlroine/bromine but uses this silver something container that you drop into the one filter.....the Coleman guy has this Nature thing that elimates the need for Chlorine or bromine and is there version of the D1 PRODUCT.......seems like a nice convenient alternate to USING ALL KINDS OF CHEMICALS.  DOES IT WORK?  I think you still "shock" but that's it.

Jacuzzi seems to get more force by adding air into the jets vs. water force/volume.  Is that a cop out?

Yet, Jacuzzi seems to have bigger jet dimensions vs. Coleman where the jets were smaller but more????  Maybe the issue is a non-issue and the issue should be wet test and use whichever feels better.

I GUESS I'm torn between D1, Coleman, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi.....if I had the $$$ I might get the D1 or Hot Springs but for the money the Coleman seems great.....any comment will help.

Hot Tub Forum

FOAM??   Chlorine??  Jets?? HELP!!!!
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:26:35 pm »

PoolToSpa

Re: FOAM??   Chlorine??  Jets?? HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 06:32:36 pm »
First off full foam is a plus because it keeps all the heat in.  The foam should be closed cell too..............

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 07:23:08 pm »
Full foam is a wonderful topic for web boards.

Other than that,  you won't really find a huge difference in operating costs.

As to the physical size of the jets - wet test. It aint the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

Did I just say that?

Anyway - you are looking at some mainline denominations there, stick with one of those and you can't go wrong.

One thing though: There is no such thing as a chemical-free spa. The cheapest/easiest is chlorine, and you won't smell it as strongly in your tub as you did at the public pool when you were a kid. And you're not allergic to it - trust me.

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 08:20:01 pm »
Okay, been looking and doing my research and I'm not sure there is ever a final, definite answer to some of my spa questions....kind of like Toyota vs. Nissan vs. Honda..... but here goes:

I prefer Honda.

Full Foam vs. other:  Seems like a lot of good lines use full foam with wood strucutral support like D1 and Jacuzzi and Hot Springs.....but some seem to critisize foam?  WHY might foam be bad...why good?

I prefer full foam but if its a well made thermopane there's nothing wrong with that. You don't need to make this a priority either way.

D1 is claiming to have a no chlroine/bromine but uses this silver something container that you drop into the one filter.....the Coleman guy has this Nature thing that elimates the need for Chlorine or bromine and is there version of the D1 PRODUCT.......seems like a nice convenient alternate to USING ALL KINDS OF CHEMICALS.  DOES IT WORK?  I think you still "shock" but that's it.

The D1 thing is the same as the Nature 2 cartridge the other guy showed you, just different packaging (both silver cartridges). Some will say that the silver cartridge and ozone mean you can go without chlorine. Ignore that, its a pipe dream that some salespeople put forth (let's assume they are well meaning). You still need to keep a chlorine residual but ozone and Nature 2 cartridges do help you care for the water.

Jacuzzi seems to get more force by adding air into the jets vs. water force/volume.  Is that a cop out?

No, that's a standard design on most all tubs.

Yet, Jacuzzi seems to have bigger jet dimensions vs. Coleman where the jets were smaller but more????  Maybe the issue is a non-issue and the issue should be wet test and use whichever feels better.

I GUESS I'm torn between D1, Coleman, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi.....if I had the $$$ I might get the D1 or Hot Springs but for the money the Coleman seems great.....any comment will help.

All 4 make good spas.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:00:50 pm »
All of those are nice.....I would make sure that Jacuzzi jet is actually larger.....the outer surface is, but in my looking at them the actual jet diameter is much like many others...but the housing does look beefy....

poolboy34

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 12:12:45 am »
the jacuzzi thing is a play on words, ALL jets in spas have some mixture of air with the water.  If they didn't the massage would get very irritating to you quickly.  The best way to determine which spa is the best one for YOU, is to wet test them and ask each dealer for some customer refferals/testimonials.  I also sugest that while you are visiting these dealerships to ask the other customers in the store why they bought a spa from that dealer/likes/dislikes, etc....  the wet test will be the key though.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & caldera Dealer

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 08:58:12 am »
Wet test, wet test, wet test!  That is truly the only way to find which tub fits you and your family best!

There is no such thing as a chemical free spa.  You will have to use a bit of chlorine or bromine to sanitize the water!

Good luck!  You are looking at great brands!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 08:58:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42