What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm butt naked doggone it  (Read 3301 times)

busdude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm butt naked doggone it
« on: February 15, 2005, 12:00:51 am »
Ok, now that I have everyone's attention.

What do you mean the Baja spa manufacturer is 10 years behind the times?

I'm about to spend $6,000 for the tiniest spa they make. I want bells and whistles for my second spa and I can't find nearby good dealers.

So what is meant by this?

I can't find reviews. I can't find epinions. Should I suffer with my old spa (minus two jets) until the Chicago Home and Garden show even though it's 40 miles from here?

Got me nervous folks. I'm ready to buy!!!!

HELP.

Hot Tub Forum

I'm butt naked doggone it
« on: February 15, 2005, 12:00:51 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: I'm butt naked doggone it
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 02:14:59 am »
What I mean is that they use a filtration system that was old fashion 5 years ago. Their "Patented" headlock system of insulation with a sales pitch that sounds vaguely like Arctic or even Haven is ridiculous! Come on, comparing your insulation to a coffee cup?! Most coffee cups need a sleeve now days.

The filtration is not called a "pressure filter but rather an enclosed filter and I believe it is on the suction side. So either it goes against the principles of a pressure filter or it goes with it and allows all the debris and bacteria to pass through the pump before being filtered. They tout a "skimmer filter" yet I defy you to go into the showroom and sprinkle some pepper in front of the skimmer and see if it will draw it in on the filter cycle.

They frustrate me because they claim the first or only company that has things that several different companies have or have had. As far as first, for years they claimed the first acrylic shell and now have changed that to the first company to spray thermal foam on a spa. I have my doubts of that... I would say that with the jetting and features on any of their spas that they should not sell for much over $5000.

BTW, I haven't seen the new synthetic cabinets but it's no wonder considering that they were years behind the rest of the industry in producing them!

Do yourself a favor and keep shopping..... I could go on but I don't know that it would do anyone any good including me! I you would like more comparison feel free to PM me so that I don't continue this tirade on the open forum...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 02:16:20 am by stuart »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 04:14:02 am »
I don't know what you are referring to, but here's a bit of irony:

I was sitting at dinner this evening with a couple who used to sell Baja. He said he really liked the tubs.

But one day HotSpring invited them to visit the Watkins Manufacturing plant in Vista, CA. The words that came out of his mouth just an hour ago were,
"One tour of the (Watkins) plant and I saw that Baja was ten years behind... "

Now, I haven't seen many Baja tubs, and I've never owned one. I don't know exactly what features or items he had in mind. But it was amazing that I could come back to my Hotel room and see this post just a short time after hearing a dealer say the same thing....

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

busdude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 09:48:50 pm »
Wait - Now I'm really confused. What do you mean that Hot Springs wanted to show the factory where the Baja is made. Does this mean Hot Springs that people seem to fairly like also makes Baja that is not really popular?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 12:39:06 am »
No - sorry I didn't make that very clear...

Watkins makes HotSpring, Tiger River, Solana, Hot Spot spas. They also make Caldera spas, but not all of the processes take place in Vista.

This couple were selling Baja, and the Watkins rep invited them to tour the plant where HotSpring spas are made, and it had the intended effect: they became a HotSpring dealership.

His comment was that after seeing HotSpring tubs from the inside out, so to speak, he no longer felt Baja was up to date.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 10:40:22 am »
Great post to get everyones attention. Now that you have it, listen to what is being said about Baja...

It seems that Baja lacks the features and design of many of the brands on the market. Although this brand is not cheap, there are better brands to consider, at pretty much the same price points.

The idea that someone goes to a factory and sees for themselves what makes one manufacturer better than the other is great, not everyone has the opportunity to do that. As a consumer, you should look at a few different brands, feel comfortable with the dealer, wet test the spas and select which you feel is the best value for you.

There are a few brands that stand out above the rest, but remember one thing, not everyone is driving a Mercedes, work within your budget.

Good luck in your search...lol ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 10:41:24 am by hottubber »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 10:40:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42