What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spas  (Read 4152 times)

lookin4

• HuH
Arctic Spas
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:16:33 pm »
Still Lookin for my ideal hot tub.Has anyone heard of the Artic Spa?
Thanks for any help.Great forum.I know I will find something with y,all help.Any opinion on Arctic?

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Spas
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:16:33 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Arctic Spas
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 07:30:35 pm »
hmmmm.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 08:10:57 pm »
hmmmm.

ummm....

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 08:31:50 pm »
Since you are new you are unaware that Arctic Spas tend to provide much debate on this site....

However, that being said, I can only tell you that I have an Arctic Summit Signature tub, and after six months of use I have been very happy with both the tub and the dealer.

There are many that believe that Arctic resorts to high-pressure sales tactics and are the tubs themselves are over-priced. Whether or not this is true depends on where you are and who you are dealing with. This can also occur with any of the other lines of spas.

I can only suggest that you research all the tubs you are interested in and decide on what is best for you.

There are many dealers on this sites who can provide you with much information on the lines that they carry and those they have experience with

Good Luck

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

lookin4

• HuH
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 08:38:13 pm »
Hmmmmmm and ahhhhhhssss WHY??????? Good or Bad?

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 10:32:13 pm »
lookin4,

Follow your namesake and start lookin through the forum.  Try typing "Arctic" in the "search" area and you can get many of the debates and lots of good flamage from board members and arctic dealers alike.

Picking a hot tub involves lots of research, investigation on technical issues, warranty issues, and what features are important to you.  Having found this forum is a good thing, but it doesn't mean your research has ended -- it means it has just begun.

-Ed

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 05:01:04 am »
They have been quiet for a while but in the past there sale's practices have been suspect. Don't be convinced by it that there design is the only thing going. Any of the major brands will cost the same to operate. However I do not own an Arctic tub but have a friend who does, it is a great looking tub and serves his purpose keeps the water hot for him when he wants to soak. His operating costs are about the same as mine.  
Retired

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 06:39:05 am »
JC gave you some great input!

Heed his advice!

Also, be sure and wet test any tubs you consider, whether it is Artic or some other brand!  This will insure you get the tub for You!!!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 06:19:20 pm »
I agree with stuart and rocket!!

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 01:02:15 am »
My wife and I have been wet testing every spa we can get to this last month and still have not found an equal to the Arctic Summit Signature spa we first tested.  In fact we put a down payment on a Arctic Avalanche Legend floor model because it was such a great deal.  We have tested Hotspring, Sundance, Marquis, LA Spas, Coleman, Jacuzzi Premium, Cal Spas (What a joke), Caldera, and Artesian and still have been most impressed with the Arctic.  In the end we are paying less than the comparable Hotspring, Caldera, and Artesian, but more than the others.  The reason we kept looking was we were trying to save some money, but in the end would rather spend the extra $1,500 for the Arctic and get the performance we are looking for.  We still are undecided if we are going to keep the Avalanche for $8,200, or take the Summit Signature for $7,500.  We did not receive any of the high-pressured sales tactics we heard about on this forum and really enjoyed our experience with our local dealer.  In the end make sure you wet test everything possible, because in the end there will really be one tub that jumps out at you.  Good luck! :)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 02:10:47 pm »
Sounds like it is a good fit for you....most things you might hear about Arctic from those who do not work for them is not that they make a bad spa...But it seems that much of the time the sales techniques they use, many see them as being less than credible for some of the bolder statements they make.....

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 06:42:24 pm »
I agree with stuart and rocket!!

Wow, we have agreement.

One of my concerns with Arctic is how they mislead the consumer concerning energy eff.

The local dealer is a good guy and I like him but when you tell someone that your spas will stay at 100 degrees without the heater on....... Why do they have heaters?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 06:42:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42