What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Cameo or Optima  (Read 6024 times)

Revlis

Sundance Cameo or Optima
« on: January 07, 2005, 03:29:25 pm »
I've wet tested both, and just can't make up my mind which one I'm going to get.  They are both great IMO with the obvious differences.

I'm curious about why people here made the decision to go with one or the other, and if in the end they made the right decision or not?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Cameo or Optima
« on: January 07, 2005, 03:29:25 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Sundance Cameo or Optima
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 03:43:18 pm »
We went with the Optima becuase of the lounger. We were both very attracted to the lounger at first but after the wet test decided with the Optima.  The Optima has a defacto lounger given the seat config and shape but is not as reclined. She who I obey, kept on floating in the lounger and getting pushed around by the jets. So that was the principle deciding factor. the secondary was that we could fit more people in the tub (came in handy new years eve).

But most importantly wet test and wet test some more. Sit in there a while longer than usual, bring some friends or kids or whatever, but wet test. That is ultimately what will tell you which oine to go with. It's hard I know but this is an important point in the purchase of the tub. You will have it a long time and should meet all of your needs.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 03:44:41 pm by doodoo »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 03:51:00 pm »
From the start I wanted a spa without a lounger, so the Cameo was not an option.  As doodoo stated, you can lounge in a number of different ways in an Optima and I really like the four corner seating.

Revlis

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 04:11:38 pm »
Doodoo, you don't miss the ability to lean back further and have the leg jets on you at the same time?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 04:13:53 pm »
Another Optima owner here.  We didn't really care for the lounger, and wanted the extra seating.  It's a pretty subjective thing, if you like the lounge experience, go with the Cameo, if not, the Optima.  

Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 04:21:31 pm »
. She who I obey,

Funny, that was a factor in what we chose as well.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 04:30:20 pm »
OK well I'm starting to think I have the only Cameo...   :-/

We wet tested both the Optima and Cameo and found the Optima didn't fit us very well.  We felt it was shallower than the Cameo (go figure).  I really like the lounger and is great for me to look up at the stars at night.  Husband sits on the high point of the lounger and uses it like the cool down seat too.  We've had 5 people in the Cameo and I think the lounger was the best seat in the tub.  But as Brewman said, it really is a subjective thing.  Keep wet testing til you can pick one that you know you will enjoy.

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 04:45:19 pm »
Does it matter if you are the only one with an Cameo?  

I am the only one with a Super Custom Fallsburg.  You don't hear me complaining.  I guess I should be...

ttodd1

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 08:02:33 pm »
Wasn't complaining.   ???    Just made an observation.   I've always like being the "unique" one in the group.  8)

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 01:14:03 am »
I bought the Optima and love the layout

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2005, 12:54:03 pm »
When I tested the Optima I felt cramped by the foot dome.  I could not get my legs in a comfortable position because of the foot dome.  In my opinion, the lounger is one of the best places to stretch out and relax.

Jonathan

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 01:05:37 pm »
 You may be tossed between probably the 2 best models in the line, possibly in the industry. I had the same dilemma last year. I opted for the Optima after extensive tub soaks or "wet tests" as they say.
I found the Optima to being a better overall featured spa even though it did not have the lounge. You will love the foot jet package in the Optima. I think the open seating arrangement is better for the LONG TERM ownership. The lounge may get old quickly. It is not a very used area in the spa after the first few weeks.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 02:08:36 pm »
 The lounge may get old quickly. It is not a very used area in the spa after the first few weeks.

Not sure I agree with you on this.  I hit the lounge everytime I'm in the spa.  

Jonathan

ttodd1

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 06:09:31 pm »
I alos use it every time I'm in the tub.  Great to stretch out and relax.  Don't think it will get old here.   ;D

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2005, 09:34:43 pm »
We have had our spa now for almost 4 months.  The lounge seat is still by far the most utilized seat in the spa.  And we use it every night.  Maybe only missed 5-6 nights in the 4 month period.  It's the best seat to get the back and leg massage.  Both my wife and I still fight over that seat.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2005, 09:34:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42