What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought the Marquis SA Euphoria...  (Read 4351 times)

jmpiv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Just bought the Marquis SA Euphoria...
« on: January 22, 2005, 05:22:17 pm »
Put my deposit down yesterday, just need to get my off-deck area ready. I think I am going to use 1'x1' cement squares(pavers) to build my pad.

Paid $7500 and got the steps, cover lifter, and chemicals.  (Plus I printed a $200 coupon of the Marquis website that I am going to hand in...so really it will be $7300).

My experience:

-After wet testing the Caldera Aspire, several Hotspring models, and the Hydro Spa Solaris.  I felt the the Marquis Spa felt best and was of better quality. I also really liked how powerful the spa felt, the neck jets, the 48 total jets, the strong warranty, and the fact that it automatically cleans itself 30 minutes after you get out of it.  The folks at the Marquis dealership(a pool company) were also very knowledgable about their product and spa technology in general.  They were also patient and not pushy.  All of this impressed me and made me want to purchase from them.

-At the Hot Spring place they really couldn't answer very many technical questions. I got the impression that they just showed you the product and because they were a Hotspring dealer with a good product that you were supposed to be in awe of them or something.  Most of their spas were not filled but I finally persuaded them to fill up the Caldera Aspire for me to test.  It was OK, but it cost $7000. They had to call out two extra people to figure out how everything worked on it.  The SA Euphoria for $7300 was a much better deal I felt. Also, the Hotspring models such as the Vanguard just seemed a little to plain jane to me for what they cost(about $6500). I sat in the Grandee but it just didn't knock my socks off.

-The other place I went to was one of these warehouse type deals that sold Hydro Spa and Nordic Spas. This guy was a huckster that just wanted to sell me a spa. He kept trying to hard sell me by saying things like "this $1000 rebate" ends Saturday and this is a great price. However for Hydro Spa I can look up pricing all over the internet and I saw that his pricing was nothing special. I was looking at the Solaris (he wanted $5700). It had 60 jets but I know from reading this board that there are many important things besides just number of jets.This guy also said things like "you probably know more about this spa than I do" Really don't want to hear that.  Plus for service calls he was going to charge $87.50 a visit.  In the end I just didn't trust the guy or his product.

-I also wanted to look at Sundance Spas(the Optima) but the dealership in my area (another pool company) is closed on Saturdays. I drove all the way across town one fine Saturday and found this out the hard way. They also closed at 6PM each night so as a person with a job, I could never get over there. I cannot believe they do not do business on Saturdays. I think that if you are selling recreational items that you don't have to have....you should be open on Saturdays. Hire some part time help and open up.

-Anyway, after reseaching as much as I could on the internet, this site, and wet testing several models, I am confident I made the right decision and bought the best spa in my price range. Thanks to everyone on here for your help and information.  

Hot Tub Forum

Just bought the Marquis SA Euphoria...
« on: January 22, 2005, 05:22:17 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Just bought the Marquis SA Euphoria...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 07:04:11 pm »
Very nice notes on your shopping experience as it has been said many times here....there are several good makers out there but the better dealers are far and fewer between.....I hope you enjoy the spa....I am sure you will..... :D

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 09:59:09 pm »
Congratulations !!!! on your spa purchase.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.  

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 12:37:54 am »
Is it a 2005 model with the new improved exterior that looks like real wood and new controls? If it's a left over 2004 you will still like it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 12:40:57 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 08:48:54 am »
Way to go, jmpiv......may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water........ 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 09:49:20 am »
Welcome to Spatopia!
;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 03:55:17 pm »
Congradulations!!you made a great choice.The euphoria is an outstanding spa.Also it sounds like a good price.It also must be good to know if any thing goes wrong with the spa,you have bought  from a manufacture that is going to stand by there product.In my opinion Marquis has the best warranty out there.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 06:00:56 pm »
Is it a 2005 model with the new improved exterior that looks like real wood and new controls? If it's a left over 2004 you will still like it.

If they are ordering the spa it will have the "NEW CABINET"....

jmpiv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 10:18:42 pm »
It is an 04. But it sho felt nice!   Really $7k was my limit. I think I found the watershed hot tub for price vs. value and performance.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 10:24:14 pm »
Way to go, jmpiv......may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water........ 8)

Way to go jmpiv but I'm not sure why Lori has to bless EVERY SPA ...She's a busy lady ya know... ;D

Steve

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 06:48:46 am »

Way to go jmpiv but I'm not sure why Lori has to bless EVERY SPA ...She's a busy lady ya know... ;D

Steve

Oh Steve, every spa deserves to be blessed!  If it means that Spatopia keeps growing with all of these great people joining us, then so be it!  I'll just be busy!  ;)

I really don't mind!  ;D  It is a tough job, but someone has to do it! ::)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 03:19:39 pm »
I applaud your choice. The Euphoria is a beautiful spa. Great size, nice features, great company behind the product. I wish you all the happiness in your new spa. Welcome to the HOT TUB CLUB.. ;)

HOTTUBBER

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 04:09:59 pm »
WoW!!  That is a great price!  I just looked at the Euphoria today and was quoted a price of $9500 for a 2005.  Where was your dealer located and how much negotiation did you have to do to get that price?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 04:21:50 pm »
You may want to check with your dealer again...I do not think the 05 is out as of yet....

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 04:36:45 pm »
It was a 2005, it just arrived on Saturday, it has the same specs as the one on the website, and all the literature said silver anniversary edition.  The price seems really high.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 04:36:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42