What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ergonomic hot tubs  (Read 3704 times)

fatman

ergonomic hot tubs
« on: January 04, 2005, 08:57:02 am »
Does anyone know which hot tub is the most ergonomically correct? I know that this will depend somewhat upon the height and weight of the people using the tub. What I am mostly looking for is lumbar support but is there any hot tub manufacturer known for great ergonomics?

Hot Tub Forum

ergonomic hot tubs
« on: January 04, 2005, 08:57:02 am »

poolboy34

Re: ergonomic hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 09:14:12 am »
Caldera makes very comfortable Spas.  Dimension One is known for the ergonomics of their tubs, as well as the hydro therapy they offer.  Hot Spring makes a fine product as well.  Marquis Tubs from what I've seen (haven't seen one in person yet) are designed with ergonomics in mind.  Those should be a good starting point, but please keep in mind that there are quite a few spa manufaturers that make spas that will fit your needs.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 09:15:43 am »
This doesn't answer your question, but  might be useful information if you are starting to shop for a tub.

When you are in water you are something like 90% bouyant.  Your full body weight will not hit your pressure points the same way, which is why on many tubs you see you may not see the same sculpted features as in, say, car seats.  

This is one reason why wet testing is imperative over "dry" testing a tub: you will weigh *much* less in water, and the water acts to lubricate making you slip around on the seat a little more (especially on the cool looking pearl-like finishes) .

Where lumbar would go, many tubs have jets.  Jets turned on will give you a gentle push (all the way up to a not-so-gentle push depending on the tub and the jet setting) which may give you just as nice a feeling.  In truth, a lumbar ridge may be less comfortable as a "slipping around" issue.

Again, totally doesn't answer your question, but just wanted to toss up an idea or two.  Don't throw out ANY tub in the running until you have wet tested it.

-Ed

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 01:05:46 pm »
Ooh, ooh,  what Ed said!!!

Very eloquent, and very true!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 02:05:40 pm »
Does anyone know which hot tub is the most ergonomically correct?

Kind of like asking which pair of jeans will fit you the best... you won't know until you try them.

Well said Ed. Wet test and wet test some more.
e

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 04:18:59 pm »
Wet test. HotSpring has lumbar support in most of the seats, Tiger River has the reverse curve. They both have their strong points.

Wet test.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 04:40:59 pm »
Wet test. HotSpring has lumbar support in most of the seats...
Wet test.

This is a perfect example... for me and my wife the HotSpring lumbar support was not very comfortable as it was too extreme and felt more like a "lower thoratic bump" for us.
e

fatman

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 08:39:41 am »
Thanks! That is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I find it interesting that a Hot Spring tub gave you the problem. While my wife and I are not ready to purchace a tub yet, we will definitely take your comment into consideration. Thank you so much!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 08:39:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42