What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Possible Leak  (Read 3183 times)

TahoesMama

Possible Leak
« on: December 30, 2004, 07:19:46 pm »
Looks like 2004 is gonna go out with a bang with our Sundance Marin - this is gonna sound like a dumb question, but is it possible to experience a leak resulting from the tub being underfilled?  Today we noticed that after being overfull a few days ago, the water appears to have evaporated quite a bit, and is leaking from the front, next to the drain plug.  After removing the service panels, we were not able to see any visible leakage other than a small water puddle from an undetermined origin (we checked while the tub was running and while not).  We then refilled the tub to proper water level, and it seems that the leak is slowing down.   After contacting the service department, we were told to make sure that all of the jets are open when running the tub, however, we're not sure how this would effect a leak either.  We've had this tub since early October, and haven't had any problems.  This is a heck of a way to start the new year  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Possible Leak
« on: December 30, 2004, 07:19:46 pm »

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
Re: Possible Leak
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 07:30:26 pm »
Stupid question but....

Is the drain plug/cap tight?

Jonathan

TahoesMama

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 07:33:47 pm »
I wish it were that simple, but it's in there.  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 08:05:36 pm »
Are you sure it's just not evaporation and the water you remove with your swimwear when you exit the spa?
I just had to add about 20 gallons of water to ours, since the water change 8 weeks ago.  No leaks, just cold weather usage.
Brewman
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 08:06:55 pm »
Yes, on some spas overfill can create a siphon effect in the air induction lines.

I'm not sure what Sundance does as far as check valves on the induction lines but if that's what it is you should be able to turn on all the pumps and cycle the diverter valves to stop the siphon...

TahoesMama

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 07:07:24 am »
Thanks for the insight, guys.  Service personnel is scheduled to come out Monday.  I'll let you know what they turn up.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 03:25:47 pm »
Yes, on some spas overfill can create a siphon effect in the air induction lines.

I'm not sure what Sundance does as far as check valves on the induction lines but if that's what it is you should be able to turn on all the pumps and cycle the diverter valves to stop the siphon...

Stuart can you elaborate on this and explain how this effect works. I'm just curious, I've never heard of this effect before so this is a new thing here. BTW does this also happen if say 8 people get in the hot tub and a bit of water overflows thereby raising the water level.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 03:25:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42