What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers in DC/VA  (Read 2616 times)

JPATTERSON

Dealers in DC/VA
« on: December 25, 2004, 08:59:22 pm »
Hi,
    I'm starting to look for a tub in the NOVA (Northern Virginia) area.   Any recommendation for dealers to go to (or avoid) welcome!   I'm considering a 4-6 person tub.

Thanks!
Joel Patterson

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers in DC/VA
« on: December 25, 2004, 08:59:22 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Dealers in DC/VA
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 01:18:16 am »
My advice would be to go to the websites of Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Caldera, Marquis and D1 (in no particular order). All are top notch spa makers with good reputations for quality and warranties that are well backed. Enter your zip code in their "dealer locator" section and find where their nearest dealers are. Visit as many of them as you can, wet test the spas that seem to be the best fit for you, compare what you see/test, buy what seems best and enjoy.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 08:36:05 pm »
Good luck on a fair price. I called around was not able to find anything worth making the hour or so trip worth it. Must be plenty of customers with plenty of money in NOVA.

Nice dealer in Charlottesville but was not looking for the brand there.

When I did the web search I found dealers not in business and/or no longer carrying the brands. The web in other words, was a poor search vehicle.

Also some of the big brands make you take cookies or fill in a form just to find out a dealer's name and phone number. PITA, major!

Good luck.

JPATTERSON

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 09:11:50 pm »
The reason I asked about dealer recommendations was that I've often found there is a wide variety of competence amongst dealers once you buy.   Some really want to help and want you to have the best experience, and minimal problems if there is ever an issue.

Others, once they have your money, could care less.

From what I've researched on tubs so far, the first priority is finding a tub you really like, but a very close second is finding a dealer you can trust.

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 10:33:25 am »
I own a Marquis.  My dealer (in Manassas) was super - and when he knew we were seriously ready to buy he made us a deal that was fair and legitimate.  Service, when I have needed it has been super too.

I won't put his name here - as you can find it easy enough off the Marquis site.

I also looked at Master Spas - and found that dealer seemed fair and very easy going not pushy at all.

I was very annoyed and frankly upset at all the BS that the Sundance people threw at me, as a result I'd never consider them now or in the future. Same too for Cal - they were the worst of the worst.

Hope that helps some.

I was planning to visit several others as well, but the family and I were satisfied when we got the Marquis, and the reviews were great and accurate too.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 10:33:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42