What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Service Access  (Read 3740 times)

dgfla

Service Access
« on: December 22, 2004, 06:41:00 pm »
Wondering if most or all service access areas are located underneath the controller. Reason for question is I am looking for spa to be installed in a narrow (width) area, I have plenty of room for service access if location is on either end but questionable on the side. Seems like most pictures of spa's I see on-line have the controls on the side of the unit. Hope this question makes sense.
P.S.   In case anyone might have any reccomendations, I am limited to 6 feet of installation for the width of the Spa. Just wet tested the Sundance Cari today, it was impressive. Unfortunaely I realized that the service access was in a tough location for my purpose.

dg

Hot Tub Forum

Service Access
« on: December 22, 2004, 06:41:00 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Service Access
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 09:11:52 pm »
Wondering if most or all service access areas are located underneath the controller. Reason for question is I am looking for spa to be installed in a narrow (width) area, I have plenty of room for service access if location is on either end but questionable on the side. Seems like most pictures of spa's I see on-line have the controls on the side of the unit. Hope this question makes sense.
P.S.   In case anyone might have any reccomendations, I am limited to 6 feet of installation for the width of the Spa. Just wet tested the Sundance Cari today, it was impressive. Unfortunaely I realized that the service access was in a tough location for my purpose.

dg

Can you do a lift out of some kind on the side with the control? How about turning the spa 180 degrees?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 09:32:33 pm »
Bummer: the Jetsetter, at 5' 2" does in fact have the access door on the side. The Prodigy has it on the end, but it's 6'2" wide....
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

zzaphod42

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 09:52:08 am »
If there is a Beachcomber in the area, you could look at the 530. Dimensions are 70"x86"

If you purchase the tub with the protec option, you can have the equipment put on the end instead of the side.

Best of luck

Joe

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 11:43:23 am »
If there is a Beachcomber in the area, you could look at the 530. Dimensions are 70"x86"

If you purchase the tub with the protec option, you can have the equipment put on the end instead of the side.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can also order the Beachcomber to have 'remote' equipment, meaning that if it helps to have the equip. pad a distance away from the tub you can. I understand they close all four sides of the tub and run the plumbing down to several unions which you can connect to.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 05:49:17 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can also order the Beachcomber to have 'remote' equipment, meaning that if it helps to have the equip. pad a distance away from the tub you can. I understand they close all four sides of the tub and run the plumbing down to several unions which you can connect to.

I sold them for a few years, never heard of it. Maybe Joe can check for us, they won't answer any of my questions anymore. :P
Homeworks Financing Representative

zzaphod42

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 12:20:36 pm »

Beachcomber offers two ways to have the equipment attached to the hot tub: either inside the cabinet below the control pad, or enclosed in a safety step that butts up against the tub.

If you choose to have the equipment enclosed in the safety step, it can be placed on any side of the tub. Unless this is what you are thinking of, Beachcomber doesn't offer remote equipment.

Joe

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 12:20:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42