What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima Filter Question  (Read 2599 times)

Max78

Optima Filter Question
« on: December 18, 2004, 12:45:19 pm »
I have had an Optima since Sept of this year.  About a month or so after I had it, I noticed that the white plastic band that went around the center of the pleated filter had come loose and part of it had fallen off.  Now it seems the rest of it has become detached and is now gone.  I clean my filter weekly and wondered if this was normal or if the white plastic band really served any purpose.  Is it necessary in the performance of the filter?  Thanks for any input.

Hot Tub Forum

Optima Filter Question
« on: December 18, 2004, 12:45:19 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Optima Filter Question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 12:56:10 pm »
No it is not essential to filter. It does help hold the pleats open a bit but I've yet to see one that stays over time....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 12:57:02 pm »
BTW, this could mean you have a PH or Alkaline issue. You might check it out....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 07:01:57 pm »
One of my filters did the same thing.  The strap is still there, it just popped open.  The other filter we swap with it is still intact.  I can't see much difference in the two filters performancewise, and for the money I spent on the thing, I'm sticking with it.  Our PH and alk or usually in range, so in our case I'm thinking it's just a little sloppy QC.
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 02:16:41 pm »
I have the same issue as Brewman with my two filters..one band has broken, the other is fine.  My filters are two and a half years old.  I expect they both will last a good deal longer.  My dealer agrees...don't worry about the strap.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 02:16:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42