What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re:What is the best spa?  (Read 6443 times)

nelg

Re:What is the best spa?
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:22:52 pm »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 09:13:40 pm by nelg »

Hot Tub Forum

Re:What is the best spa?
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:22:52 pm »

huh?

• "42"
Re: Re:Full Foam? Whats up with that?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 08:27:02 pm »
Can O'Worms.  I hope you weren't expecting a gentle welcome.

Good luck with that! :-X
¿

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 08:43:49 pm »
The www. has changed how we shop.  We now have the ability to get extensive information before making a purchase.  Companies see this trend and will help with that information.  All companies give information that make them look or sound different than a competitor.  
That's fair.  But a company not willing to show their warranty, complete with all fine print, is hiding something that they don't want a potential buyer to see!  Arctic is one of those spa manufacturers that doesn't disclose this valuable consumer information.

WHY??? ??? ???

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 08:53:11 pm »
I've got a Arctic Spa.It makes sense. Dont you think?, and why?

I think an Arctic Spa makes perfect sense if you are happy with it.

Not sure of your motivation here. Are you looking for someone to reinforce your decision to purchase one? Or looking to defend your brand due to the Arctic thread here the last couple of days.

As many have said here, Arctic seems to make a decent spa. What dosen't make sense is the way they present information and claims of superiority.

If something is in fact head and shoulders above the rest, others would copy it. Doesn't that make sense? They have no patents I am aware of.....

I hope you enjoy your spa for many years, welcome to the board.

MTC

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

nelg

Re: Re:What is the best spa?
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 10:25:35 pm »
You can't patton common sense!!!dah??

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 10:29:32 pm »
You can't patton common sense!!!dah??

Obviously.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 10:34:05 pm »
The best spa is the one that you as an individual bought (it could also be the worst if you were unfortunate to buy a POS).

There are a lot of good brands out there and each one has it's "thing" as Steve said in a previous thread.

I don't believe any one spa or brand is "THE BEST".  There may be many spas that come close to being "THE WORST"  but in my shopping experience all name brand tubs have something that someone will like.

While looking I liked Artesian, Beachcomber, Coleman, D1, Emerald, Hot Springs, Master and Sundance.

Now the reason for my selection of Artesian Island series was the dealer gave me a good impression of themselves and a fair price on what I believe is a good (hopefully fantastic) tub. Does that mean it's THE BEST of course not but to me it's the best (or it may turn out to be that POS).

So in a nutshell -> THE BEST HOT TUB IS THE ONE THAT YOUR SITTING IN ENJOYING AND DOESN'T GIVE YOU TOO MANY BIG PROBLEMS!!!!!

nelg

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 10:42:03 pm »
I agree, the dealer has just as much to do with anything.
My ex wife owns my Artiesan

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 09:45:13 am »
We have the Artesian tub.  We wet tested quite a few different tubs, liked most of them very well.  We found this dealer we bought from never knocked any other spa, said they were all great spas.  He said to wet test all and pick the one that felt the best.  We did and loved the Artesian.  Was pleasantly surprised when it had a great price.  3 months later, we still love the Artesian and the dealer.  

JPKeirstead

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 11:14:00 am »
The www. has changed how we shop.  We now have the ability to get extensive information before making a purchase.  Companies see this trend and will help with that information.  All companies give information that make them look or sound different than a competitor.  
That's fair.  But a company not willing to show their warranty, complete with all fine print, is hiding something that they don't want a potential buyer to see!  Arctic is one of those spa manufacturers that doesn't disclose this valuable consumer information.

WHY??? ??? ???

You are missinformed.  Our Warranty is shown right on our website.  We are hiding nothing.  Ask any customer, or dealer, we go to great lengths to meet our warranty commitment.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 11:31:32 am »
James,
I'm posting this in 2 places so that you will be sure to get it. Answer either one and I will delete the other....

You are missinformed.  Our Warranty is shown right on our website.  We are hiding nothing.  Ask any customer, or dealer, we go to great lengths to meet our warranty commitment.

So James, being in the upper echelon of your company I have to ask, does Arctic condone the lack of professionalism that has been portrayed by those that have been posting here lately including one that says he's a factory rep? Here, I will give you some examples;

Stabone left us with the closing comment of what he did best.
what I do best selling spas and pumping chicks!

nelg states that he is a factory rep so I assume with that title he “represents” the company?

on: Dec 8th, 2004, 11:04pm nelg PM’ed me with this message….
With a name like Stuart, you must be gay, am i right?
Just a thought.

Sounds like a first class professional!

There where several other comments from Arctic people that were volatile, harsh and childish however the moderator deleted most of them.

(In that light, Moderator, this is not an attack on Arctic nor is it in any way meant to be disrespectful towards Mr. Keirstead. I simply would like the company’s view of how they have been represented over the last few days! I think this is an important post for that reason and something they should even answer directly to you!)

Again James, please tell us your perspective of this representation and if it is the tone of the company in general or just uncontrollable salesmen and Reps?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 09:06:09 pm by stuart »

Chris_H

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 11:43:44 am »
Stuart,

I always miss the good posts that get deleted.

I do find it to be unacceptable that someone made a personal attack on you.  I would also find it unacceptable if they did that to anyone on this board.

Chris

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 11:48:14 am »
Stuart,

I always miss the good posts that get deleted.

I do find it to be unacceptable that someone made a personal attack on you.  I would also find it unacceptable if they did that to anyone on this board.

Chris

That was not a post it was a PM to my mailbox here on WTBHT! Maybe this guy should meet me before he starts making snide judgements!?

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2004, 08:28:28 pm »
CAL SPA! CALSPA! CAL SPA! of course im kidding

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2004, 08:28:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42