What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Lakes Spas  (Read 5884 times)

jbyrd72

• Can't wait to be soakin'!!!
Great Lakes Spas
« on: December 06, 2004, 04:50:06 pm »
Good day everyone!!

A store near where I live recently started to sell Great Lakes Spas as well as LA Spas.  I was just wondering if any of you have heard anything positive or negitive on Great Lake Spas?  I was looking at the Traverse Bay Model.  Any info would be helpful.  I'm comparing this to a Caldera Utopia Tahiatian.  Thanks

:)

Hot Tub Forum

Great Lakes Spas
« on: December 06, 2004, 04:50:06 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Great Lakes Spas
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 05:37:11 pm »
Although I like the new small line of GL spas, they don't make anything that would compare to the Caldera....

Great Lakes is an entry level and a bit archaic in design for their larger spas while Caldera is cutting edge upper level.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 06:16:08 pm »
Stuart's right on The Caldera is almost twice the money as the GL and you get what you pay for. I have owned a GL Ottawa for over 3 years now and have not had any major issues, just 2 minor issues that were both taken care of immiediatly. One jet failed (the bearings fell out and it stopped spinning) they sent me a whole new set of jets (musta been trying to get rid of them cause they don't use that style anymore. And a neck jet got sticky to turn for opening and closing (they also sent me 2 new neck jets and the tool for loosining it.

Other than that great tub for 4 grand, no bells and whistles, simple and seems reliable.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 06:16:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42