What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ph and Ta Problems  (Read 2695 times)

matthewc

Ph and Ta Problems
« on: November 26, 2004, 03:21:54 pm »
Hi Guys

I am new to this hot tubbing lark and need a bit of help from the pro's. I have had my Noric hot tub installed for about 2 month's now, but am having constant problems balancing the PH and Ta levels. I live in a hard water area in the UK and am constantly having to add TA plus and PH minus to the water. Is this normal? I have used a 200g pot of Ph minus in the 2 month period and a simlar amount of the TA plus. My local dealer seems to think this is normal, but i think that he is just happy taking my money.

Backround

My tub is fitted with an Ozonator
I use Bromine tablets in my tub.
My Chemicals are all made by Sunspot.
2 people use the tub most nights.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Matt

Hot Tub Forum

Ph and Ta Problems
« on: November 26, 2004, 03:21:54 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Ph and Ta Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 05:52:06 pm »
Absolutely that is normal. TA will go down over time. This is accerated with use. pH will creep up over time, this also happens more wiuth use. The more jets you have the more this will occur. This is all very normal.
Homeworks Financing Representative

matthewc

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 12:28:40 pm »
Thanks HotTubMan

It may be normal but it is costing me a fortune! I know prices vary from place to place and country to country, but how much on average should i be spending on chemicals and electricity per month? My Tub has a 2KW heater and 2 x 2HP pumps.

Matt

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 12:38:54 pm »
 Alot more variables are needed to give you a good answer.

I sell Coleman and D-1. Both tubs are energy efficient. I tell customers to expect to spend between $500-$800 a year for chemistry and electricity. Obviously with use the number could be higher or lower.

Cost of electricity is $.07/kW hour.

I live in Canada.

HotTubMan

poolboy34

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 12:43:14 pm »
You might want to consider switching off of the tablet bromine, as bromine tablets have a very low pH, and over the course of a few weeks they will cause your TA & pH to drop.  Also keep in mind that all of this is part of owning a Spa, just like changing the oil and doing regualr maintenance are part of owning a vehicle.

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 12:43:24 pm »
If you find balancing is costing a lot of $, buy bulk. There is no difference betweeen the balancinmg minerals/chemicals on the spa side of the store compared to the pool side of the store.

Dont forget you are paying for packaging too. ie I sell 1kg of alk+ for $7 I sell 4kg for $17 and 8kg for $27

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 01:10:37 pm »
Take a drive. I would take a sample of your tap water and spa water to another dealer and see what they say. Second opinion.

Look for dealers who sell Baqua - if there are any in the Untitled Kingdom - they usually have a decent test lab. However, any dealer with a test lab should be able to help you out, and they have most likely been dealing with the same water issues for their own customers.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

matthewc

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 04:30:34 pm »
Thanks Guys

The bulk buy and the second opinion sound like good ideas.

Matt

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 04:30:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42