What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stereos...  (Read 4941 times)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Stereos...
« on: November 24, 2004, 02:54:53 pm »
For some of you who don't know, I did not go with the SPAudio when I bought my Vanguard.  I thought "I can always buy it later."  Well, now my dealer is no longer a dealer, and the closest dealer is a couple of hours away.  I have used a shower cd/radio my hubby bought last Christmas, which works fine, except it can be hard to hear on the other side of the tub (sitting on the filter area) and the little stand broke off.

So...as part of my Christmas this year, my hubby found a deal on the delphi xm radio set (comes with the boom box).  I am really excited.  No commercials!  And since our local radio is really lacking, I can get some great variety.

Any of you techies out there have satellite radio?  Have a girlfriend who got the Sirius system for her car and she raves about it!  They offered the xm the year after I bought my Impala... :P...of course!  

Maybe the spa honchos should look into satellite systems for the tubs?

Random thoughts on a very boring day at work!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

Stereos...
« on: November 24, 2004, 02:54:53 pm »

TimC

Re: Stereos...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 03:24:36 pm »
Hi Lori

I have been wondering if anyone has figured out a way to put in an aftermaket inducer system into the HS tubs??

Maybe someone here has heard.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 04:09:31 pm »
I have the same curiousity regarding aftermarket Soundsations for Marquis.
e

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 04:32:46 pm »
I have MX radio at my spa but not with the HS system.  I mounted Niles Audio outdoor speakers next to my tub and then purchased an RF remote control for the stereo.  I also have a cd changer too.

Works well, the sound is great.

Jonathan

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 05:02:09 pm »
Maybe the spa honchos should look into satellite systems for the tubs?

Random thoughts on a very boring day at work!
Yes, you can easily connect Spaudio to an XM or Sirius receiver. You would connect it the same as a CD player, MP3 player, home stereo, TV system, whatever has a line output.

There is a power amp in the tub (well over 300 watts per channel) that takes a line input. You just plug the line output from the rcvr (or other item) into the line input.

There is a little black box that is designed to house something the size of a CD player, but you can leave that off and run a cord into the spa from from whatever.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hammerhead

• 95 degrees, 95% humidity, 102 degree tub ...
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 05:22:28 pm »
I bought the SkyFi2 for XM reception.  I have it in my car and absolutley love it, but the main reason we bought it was for music out at the hot tub.  I didn't get the boom box, but we are sending the signal to a shower radio that we place on our filter cover.   :)  Commercial free radio is the way to go.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 07:11:55 pm »
:)  Commercial free radio is the way to go.

I promise that Watkins is at this very moment tyring to get a commercial on XM and sirus. ;)

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 07:28:49 pm »
XM Comedy is one of my favorites.  A little raunchy at times, but always good for a laugh.
¿

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 09:45:47 am »
Having worked on the Sirius radio design, I'm biased towards them, plus they have less talking and more music.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 09:56:35 am »
Thanks for the input, guys!

We got the xm skyfi2 receiver, as well.  I think we are going to add the car kit next (but if I get another new car, it will have xm anyway)!

tonyp,

If Sirius had been the one he had found as a deal, he would have bought it.  My girlfriend loves hers!

I'm just ready for the set up to get here!  Not as bad a wait as waiting for my tub, though!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 08:31:42 am »
XM Comedy is one of my favorites.  A little raunchy at times, but always good for a laugh.

Could lead to embarassing moments in the spa, you neighbors might think you have gone mad. I was on a flight cross country on United once. On the onboard audio they had a comedy channel.  I reclined my chair and closed my eyes and relaxed.  After about an hour, a rouitine cam on from Bob Newhart about unborn twins that was so funny I was laughing outloud till I opened my eyes and remembered where I was
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 10:24:44 am »

Could lead to embarassing moments in the spa, you neighbors might think you have gone mad. I was on a flight cross country on United once. On the onboard audio they had a comedy channel.  I reclined my chair and closed my eyes and relaxed.  After about an hour, a rouitine cam on from Bob Newhart about unborn twins that was so funny I was laughing outloud till I opened my eyes and remembered where I was

Now that you mention it, I do recall reading something about that incident....

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 10:32:15 am »
Now that you mention it, I do recall reading something about that incident....

OMG that was WMCCall?
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 02:43:10 pm »
You know, I really like the sound that comes out of the new transducer systems but I still have a concern with what the longterm effects on the shell material will be.

Sound waves can be pretty damaging, we make our spas with as little vibration as possible and then add something to create a constat vibration.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 09:37:40 pm »
You know, I really like the sound that comes out of the new transducer systems but I still have a concern with what the longterm effects on the shell material will be.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Of course I have some thoughts.

About what?

Ooh that stinkin' L-Tryptophan!

Oh - right - sound waves.

As much as I like the systems, and as glad as I would be to sell one on every spa that goes out of my warehouse, I don't think they will get enough use to warrant concern for the shell.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 09:37:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42