What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator-can this be right?  (Read 2502 times)

Bluewater

Ozonator-can this be right?
« on: November 24, 2004, 12:28:43 pm »
The CD ozonator in my Sundance Marin has stopped working. I investigated and saw that the tubing that runs between the ozonator and the checkvalves has turned kind of a fluorescent yellow in color and also has water in it.   ???  I called my service tech, who has not been here yet, and he said that some water in that tubing is normal. I don't understand this, as I thought only ozone gas went through that tubing and that the checkvalves are supposed to keep the water out. He also said he has never seen that tubing turn that color. Has anyone had a similar experience, or perhaps can offer a bit of insight? Thanks, Blue

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator-can this be right?
« on: November 24, 2004, 12:28:43 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Ozonator-can this be right?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 01:16:33 pm »
It's normal to have condensation or moisture in the line when water is not flowing through the Mazzi injector however any moisture should be on the spa side of the check valve not the ozonator side. As far as the tubing turning color, I have never seen it not turn color unless there was no ozone going through it!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 01:27:08 pm »
My ozone tube is that color.  Seems normal to me.  No water though.  Make sure you have a hartford loop in the tubing as extra security against water getting into the ozonator.  What is happening that makes you think the ozonator is not working?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 01:31:12 pm by tony »

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 09:38:49 am »
At a recent training that I attended I was told that with the CD ozonators condensation can be more of a problem.  I was also told by a factory engineer that the 'yellow' liquid in the line is INCREDIBLY acidic and not to be touched.  He showed us 'bleached' out spots on the testing bench around the demo unit, caused by the 'yellow' liquid.  Nasty stuff!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 09:38:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42