What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which spa to buy  (Read 4628 times)

lar

Which spa to buy
« on: November 08, 2004, 08:03:08 pm »
Trying to decide between the Jacuzzi J-345 or the
Caldera Tahitian Paradise Series or the
Caldera Hawaiaan Paradise Series.
Wet tested and like them all. What is a fair price for spa ,chemicals,steps,cover and cover lifter plus delivery?
Anybody have these spas and how do you like them? Have been offered above spas for about $6,000 each.
Thanks for any advice you can give us. This will be our first spa purchase.

Hot Tub Forum

Which spa to buy
« on: November 08, 2004, 08:03:08 pm »

jbyrd72

• Can't wait to be soakin'!!!
Re: Which spa to buy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 08:49:39 pm »
Lar:

I just put an order in for the Caldera Utopia Tahitian.  Got it for about $7000 with steps, cover lift, chemicals, delivery and set-up.  My best advice is to wet test any and all brands you are looking at.  Hope to have mine in by 1st week in December.  Hope this hepls. Please let me know if I can help somemore

:)

UnderTheStars

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 09:06:29 pm »
Hi Lar!  If you spend any time here you'll get one thing loud & clear - wet test.  Jbyrd72 nailed that one.   You just can't get a sense of what the tub will be like sitting in it dry.  Many here have shared stories about knowing which tub after extensive research; then the wet tests totally change the ranking and the final pick.  It happened to me!  Good luck and enjoy the hunt.

UnderTheStars

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 09:12:33 pm »
Oops!  Sorry Lar, just noticed you said, "we wet tested & liked them all."  Don't know how I missed that, guess I need to go back to posting school   ;)

Anyway, enjoy the shopping phase.  It can be frustrating at times but it's worth it in the end!
Stars

lar

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 01:21:09 pm »
Underthe stars

Which spa did you end up buying?

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 01:45:56 pm »
Lar, Since you are down to the final 2 you could always flip a coin.  ;D

but then you would have to decide if it was going to be one flip or 2 out of 3.  

and then you would have to decide which brand was going to be heads and which would be tails.

hmmmmmmmmm.

never mind.
Measure once, cut twice.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 03:22:12 pm »
Salesdvl,

When I tried that approach, it was 2 out of 3, then 3 out of 5, then 4 out of 7, then 5 out of 9, then...

well...you get the idea?
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 03:34:15 pm »
Lori, at least you kept an open mind.  ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 04:22:09 pm »
Hi Lar,  I'm a Jacuzzi J-345 owner in Canada.  I don't have a Caldera dealer here, but I did wet test Hot Springs, which are great tubs.  

All I can say is I thoroughly enjoy our 345.  It's big enough to seat 4-5 adults comfortably.  This is an actual rating , not a brochure rating from the manufacturer.

the 2 jet pumps do a great job powering the jets.  The seat that has the 10 smaller jets is both my wife and my favorite.  The foot jets do an incredible job as well.

I went with the LED Light and ozone, as well as cover lifter, but my price is in Canadian dollars, so it doesn't really apply.  

The dealer here has been excellent, as I have messed up my chemicals, and just yesterday, came out to my house, and drained my tub with their pump.

All in all, I couldn't justify the extra money for the Hot Springs, but I firmly know that I didn't settle for the Jacuzzi, it's a great tub.

Mark

stiffy

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 04:46:30 pm »
Lar, we live in the northeast and finaly settled with the Caldera Tahitian Paradise , and paid the same you stated the tub was going for. Am happy with the tub for price range, we needed no bells and whistlse except the ladys of the house made me buy the multy light thingy. I admit it is very cool at night.
still wettestem all again and take notes, on what youliked and did not. good luck!

UnderTheStars

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 10:27:12 pm »
Hi Lar!  Since you asked, "UTS, Which spa did you end up buying?"

We did not go with either of the tubs you are looking at.  Bought a HotSpring Vanguard.  Our "serious contenders" were Jacuzzi, Sundance, or HotSpring.  We thought the Sundance was it until we started wet testing.  HotSpring just felt like the right tub.  (Wife ruled out the Jacuzzi but could never really say why.)  We considered both the HS Grandee and Vanguard.  The smaller HotSpring (Vanguard) is just a great size for us and we love it.

In fact, it's 34 degrees outside & I just came inside - it's great!  Whatever you pick will be with you awhile.  You might consider going for a second round of wet test this weekend.  .  .could help with the decision!

lar

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2004, 01:42:20 pm »
Thanks for all the input. We ended up buying the Caldera Hawaiaan Paradise Series. We bought it because we didn't like the lounger in the Tahatian. It was delivered yesterday. We like it so far.  We got it from Tampa Bay Spas in Brandon, Florida. I would recommend anyone in the Tampa Bay area to visit the dealer. :) :) If go to see them tell them Lar sent you.

Lar :) :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 01:44:56 pm by lar »

UnderTheStars

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2004, 05:49:40 pm »
Wow!  Congrats Lar, that's gotta be one of the fastest purchase/delivered/soaking stories I've heard!  The Hawaiaan Paradise is a great looking tub.  What color?  did you opt for the spa glo lights?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2004, 10:58:55 am »
Way to go, lar........may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water......
BTW, I bought my LSX from Spa Warehouse in Tampa--also great people to work with.......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 01:48:52 pm »
Thanks for all the input. We ended up buying the Caldera Hawaiaan Paradise Series. We bought it because we didn't like the lounger in the Tahatian. It was delivered yesterday. We like it so far.  We got it from Tampa Bay Spas in Brandon, Florida. I would recommend anyone in the Tampa Bay area to visit the dealer. :) :) If go to see them tell them Lar sent you.

Lar :) :)

Wow - fast one!
Welcome to spatopia!
May you soak long and prosper.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 01:48:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42